Songs lost to radio

This actually gets a whirl not that infrequently on 97.3 here in Brisbane. Of course it’s the cut-down single version which decimates the song, but granted it would be tough to program the 12 minute album version on metro commercial radio

4 Likes

Sandii and the Sunset singing Sticky music on hhh fm.
Calling your name by Marilyn

5 Likes

Wow!
Such rarities!

1 Like

Imagination- DENI HINES
Search For The Hero- M PEOPLE

Both of these were fairly standard in the late 90s, mostly on stations like Mix 106.5, but I haven’t heard either in a long time. I usually prefer the rockier side but don’t mind these tunes. I’m not sure if Smooth plays them at all.

2 Likes

Didn’t think I’d be hearing Michael Jackson’s “Smooth Criminal” on radio ever again after the Finding Neverland revelations. Watched Tracy Grimshaw’s interviews with a former Jackson insider on ACA at 7pm and left home straight after to head to the shops. “Smooth Criminal” was the first song to come on WSFM as I drove off at 7.15pm.

3 Likes

Alien Ant Farm’s cover plays oftenly in Canberra (Hit 104.7 and Mix 106.3), and I haven’t seen MJ’s original play. Here it’s basically Billie Jean, Thriller and Black Or White,

1 Like

E=MCSQUARED Big Audio Dynamic on SWR

3 Likes

I do hear “Relax” on the radio quite a bit, I think it would be their most played song by a fair margin.

1 Like

Paloma Blanca by George Baker Selection on HHH fm now.

1 Like

7 Seconds by Youssou N’Dour & Neneh Cherry on abc grandstand.

2 Likes

A great song. I used to hear it on the regional Greatest Hit stations every now and then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Always an amusing song to hear, when placed on hold - and I have experienced that and you do start counting the seconds!..

Although I hope one day to have that topped by Gotye’s Thanks For Your Time (complete with Telstra on hold classical music…).

2 Likes

Black and White Michael Jackson on wsfm. Interesting maybe Michael Jackson is not lost to commercial radio. I need to check 4kqs countdown if it has Micheal Jackson songs.

1 Like

Yes 4kq’s countdown has 6 Michael Jackson songs.

1 Like

This Aussie classic is mostly lost to radio, although in the past i’ve heard it in a car ad and recently an excerpt in a breakfast show on Mix 106.3.

6 Likes

That one certainly isn’t lost to my iPod :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Gets a run during 4KQ’s events like Easter 1000 hits.

2 Likes

Same here! Love that song too!

1 Like

Used to be a regular on Gold 104.3’s Saturday Party Playlist.

1 Like

its on my iPhone too,great song

1 Like