smoothfm

It’s fine on Nova because it skews to a younger audience but it should not be used on Smooth.

1 Like

I’m just going to leave this here.

9 Likes

I think the same about that tbh. It originated using his full name then it was changed to Cam Daddo

1 Like

I think the world have bigger issues @jason120au. I think a presenter should be able to choose the name they use.

7 Likes

Sorry but this is truly absolute nonsense.

If a person wants to go by a shortened version of their own name on air, then what’s it to you. Does it make the information they’re delivering any less credible?

Where do you draw the line? Angie for Angela? Josh for Joshua?

9 Likes

Here I was thinking Jeff Newman was a pillar of professionalism.

2 Likes

Mal Walden has clearly been a fraud for all those years :wink:

4 Likes

Ray Hadley
Ben Fordham
Chris O’Keefe
Dee Dee Dunleavy
Steve Price

5 Likes

They are all mostly presenters not news readers. Using their full name is more credible in general.

1 Like

I know we are getting totally off topic but my pet hate now days is most announcers only have a first name or a nick name. Very few use first and last. Gone are the days of “Barry Bissell”. Now it’s just Panda or whippy that means nothing to nobody

Who cares? I pay next to no attention who’s presenting just play the damn music

4 Likes

How about the newsreader who makes me turn off Magic 1278, Tony Tardio? Pick up your game Anthony! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I’d dread what the member thinks when they realise Kochie’s name is actually David :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Mike Perso still hosting from Sydney studio (until the end of this week) after 8 weeks.

3 Likes

Didn’t realise smooth was this close to moving in, still sounded like the move was a while off.

3 Likes

Nova have been in for 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Nathan Gardner was presenting news on Smooth fm over the weekend and still called himself Nate and I still felt the need to correct him.

If I was ever a news director I would have a style guide for news bulletins that would be to not use people’s nicknames unless particularly necessary. For example it is the “All Ordinaries” not “all ords”, it’s New Zealand not kiwis its Australia not Aussies. When referring to a sport event and you are reporting the score it is never side a downed side b it is side A defeated side B by 5 points. For example The Australians defeated New Zealand overnight by 4 points in the Rugby League World Cup.

Only use the words “reach out” when referring to a organisation such as Beyond Blue in regards to mental health, not for one person contacting another. For example Nine Radio reached out to the Education department for comment. It should be Nine Radio contacted the Education Department for comment.

That is some of the main ones I am sure i can come up with others.

1 Like

You realise it is a radio news bulletin on Australian commercial radio, not the BBC?

Also, feel free to change the channel love if it bothers you that much.

6 Likes

Honestly think you need to let it go now.

5 Likes

geez mate have a beer. its commercial radio., not a uni english exam. relax a bit. you’ll live longer

4 Likes