smoothfm

I can ask if you like :blush:

1 Like

Yes, that studio featured on their news Instagram page is one of the smooth studios in Sydney.

1 Like

Thank goodness Smooth Stars has been won. Now only 2 weeks until the next… Smooth Stars begins :face_with_peeking_eye:

6 Likes

Smooth 91.5 seems to be stuck in a loop of the smooth theme music atm haaha

3 Likes

When did Kate Mac finish up at smooth DAB+ Perth?

The More Music Breakfast Show With Karen Prater (smooth.com.au)

2 Likes

Karen Prater

1 Like

About a week ago. She’s gone on maternity leave.

2 Likes

I find Smooth pretty unbearable these days. The playlist is truly awful and just filled with dreary 90s soft pop. It’s been my No 1 preset for years but I barely spend any time there these days. No surprising wow songs anymore, it’s so safe and narrow. It actually reminds me of a lamer Mix 106.5 from the mid-90s.
They need to rethink the whole thing, play some older songs, and some newer softer hits. Just pick better music. I prefer Smooth UK.

6 Likes

And now with 2Day sounding very Mix106.5, I think it’s an ideal time for smooth to go back to its origins.

3 Likes

Mike and Jen from 91.5 finishing up for the year today.

For a moment, the way they were speaking, before I heard properly, I thought I heard them fare welling the show for good.

4 Likes

Survey 8 smooth Brisbane no 1 again

2 Likes

People departing media all over the place!

3 Likes

Interesting! Perhaps what I heard a couple posts up was more like what I thought!

1 Like

What part am I missing here?

They’re making it out as if Jen is a cohost of the show.

Isn’t she just the newsreader?

2 Likes

I’ve not listened to the show for a long time but I was of the impression she was a newsreader but also had input into the actual program

1 Like

It’s kind of a co/host role

1 Like

Co-anchoring Ten News Melbourne (with Mal Walden) and being part of smoothfm 91.5 breakfast were Jennifer’s two longest media roles. I wonder what she will do next?

2 Likes

The show was always advertised as ‘with Mike and Jen’.

1 Like

Did anyone manage to record or have a copy of the old Sydney’s 95.3 jingles and air checks after it was Vega.

They had some pretty decent imaging for a classic rock format.

Would be good to hear again.

1 Like

Was this imaging from the classic rock era or more when they went a bit 80s before transitioning to Smooth?

1 Like