smoothfm

A bit of both!

Depending on what part of Lake Macquarie they were in, there’s a chance it could have been FM or DAB reception.

1 Like

Was at Valentine, I can get Smooth 95.3 in the car, but inside you wouldn’t be able to get FM & definitely not DAB+ from there. Besides I could see the speaker leads going to the computer on the reception desk.

1 Like

The speaker cables are a deadset giveaway then!

Yes I agree Valentine is not the best spot for Sydney reception.

It seems smoothfm are back to using Michael Buble in their television advertisements. Sam Smith didn’t last long

A little while ago on the Smooth FM app, the song playing doesn’t match the image hijacked from the internet.

3 Likes

Hilarious.

West Coast Radio often suffer the same problem. They use a third party online resource , the name escapes me at this time of night, Smooth may use the same service or a similar one.

1 Like

Listen to smooth fm DAB in Perth at work
 bit repetitive but good for customers. Just realised today though they’re not playing any Christmas songs like they usually would - someone forget to press the right button ?

1 Like

and suddenly they’re playing Christmas songs 

2 Likes

Few technical issues on SmoothFM (Sydney) at the moment. There was about 20 seconds of silence in the middle of a song; followed by Lost by Michael Buble; then 5 seconds of Careless Whisper by George Michael until more silence, a repeat of Lost and then Careless Whisper once again.

2 Likes

Nova also having technically issues too going on and off air about half an hour ago. Thunderstorms??

Not confirmed, & I left work not long after that time, but I think the Gore Hill tower got hit by a lightning strike, we briefly, lost a couple of the ABC TV translators we look after as well.

SBS TV alway transmits from Artarmon, if you’re wondering why no issue with SBS.

WSFM, KIIS, 2DAY & Triple M were/are all at Gore Hill too, did anyone notice any issues with those stations too?

Michael Bublé presenting tonight.

1 Like

It’s so weird that Nova 969 can have presenters/ news/ sport/ weather and traffic but Smooth 95.3 have none of it. They’re in the same building. It can’t be too hard. It’s so odd.

Never mind. Haha. They’re just running late.

Melissa Doyle hosting this morning.

2 Likes

Recorded last week? :smiley: Tina Arena yesterday afternoon was pretending she was live in the studio.

4 Likes

I’d say so. :joy:

It doesn’t really make a difference. It’s nice Nova have live hosts with people calling in but clearly it doesn’t affect Smooth’s ratings!

3 Likes

If Smooth had direct competition like the CHR/Hot ACs have, it would affect Smooth’s numbers.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed through their RDS this afternoon that Smooth now uses “Music That Makes You Feel Good” as their secondary positioner (their main positioner being “Your Easy Place to Relax”).

Now where have I heard that before? :thinking:

6 Likes

Triple Your Michael Bublé  smoothfm

2 Likes

quick, someone call Mickey.

I don’t know how listening to Buble or Tina Arena makes one “feel good” - makes me suicidal.

3 Likes