Sky News

I agree. I’m all for dickheads having their racist, bigoted, misogynistic, backward whatever views dissected by a quality, investigative journalist who can do it properly.

But I don’t think he was on Sky and certainly wasn’t when on Seven News a few weeks ago.

But the way the Sky babies are crying you’d think they were being shut down. It’s just been switched off some TV monitors on the train platforms at 3 metro train stations.

For some context there are over 200 train stations in the Melbourne metropolitan train network.

The Victorian government is not stopping people watching Sky News in their homes or on their mobiles etc. And Sky News is about to go free-to-air on WIN and Sky Business in a joint venture channel with Nine. Hardly being censored or shut down.

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1027879954074095616

2 Likes

Back in 2016 some News Corp websites allegedly rejected advertising from an anti-muslim group. Was this restricting free speech?

1 Like

it’s only restricting free speech when it’s restricting News Corp. :thinking:

2 Likes

Another Sky crybaby

1 Like

Gosh why don’t we have every failed politician on Sky news now :roll_eyes:

So many right-wing whingers.

1 Like

Yes, we should listen to Campbell Newman because he did a fantastic job as Queensland premier…oh wait.

Surely most people agree that the Melbourne metropolitan train network should be allowed to disapprove of any content or advertising they feel isn’t in line with community standards?

2 Likes

For goodness sakes this thread is becoming a broken record.

1 Like

and so is Sky News

6 Likes

How so?

For the last 2 days all we’ve heard from Sky is whinging about how the Victorian transport minister has chosen not to allow Sky News to be shown on train station platform screens at 3 (out of 200) stations, claiming censorship and fascism

here was another one yesterday getting in for his chop

Any network would do the same.

If you don’t like it, don’t watch it. Simple.

2 Likes

And there seem to be an awful lot of people here who hate Sky News but still continue to watch it… If you don’t like the sports channels, don’t watch them. Don’t like the Christian channels, don’t watch them. Don’t like Sky News or Fox News… don’t watch them!

4 Likes

Bit hard when you can’t switch off an advertising screen at a train station, mind

5 Likes

News journalist: “There is a distinction at this network of what (who?) is a journalist, and what is an opinion presenter.”

Same news journalist, next breath: Also here is my opinion on something.

1 Like

Exactly. Same deal with TV/radio in thousands of other public places across the country.

Unless there are posts I’m missing, nobody here is saying that people shouldn’t have the choice to access whatever media outlets they like at home or on their phones, etc.

1 Like

Fair enough about in the public places, but is it really that unavoidable in so many places? Sure, I’ve seen it in a few on the mainland but it’s not exactly everywhere.

My post was more of a generalised one, right throughout this thread there’s several people with an obvious hatred for Sky News yet seem to still continue watching? Unless they spend all their lives at the train station then they must be choosing at times to be offended just to be able to have a whinge about the right wing whingers.

1 Like

Exactly but given the type of commentary that we’re seeing from Sky you’d think they were banned from all manner of broadcasting by a decision that in the overall scheme of things will have minuscule impact on their audience and on the eve of the station getting a ticket to free-to-air transmission which will put it in millions more homes. It’s about them having some perspective. But instead they play the victim card. Meanwhile, Sky commentators will continue to campaign for the ABC to be virtually shut down.

9 Likes

BBC News isn’t liked in the UK given their pro-Brexit views.

Sky News UK has been a full-screen channel since May 27 and has made my prime time viewing better.

Are you serious?
That’s as absurd as saying that Sky AU is biased to the left!

7 Likes