Sky News

At times it felt like every second ad was for Amex, it’ll hurt.

Frankly, they’re getting the response they deserve for putting an actual nazi on air. Qantas should end the partnership too. It damages their brand and the product Sky provides to them is shit anyway. Put the contract out to tender again, or cut a deal with Nine or the ABC.

2 Likes

Usually these boycotts are a publicity stunt. They’ll come crawling back to Sky eventually.

2 Likes

Maybe when it’s one or two advertisers but this is spreading to most of them now.

Wouldn’t be suprised if QANTAS decides to drop Sky from its inflight service.

They must axe it immediately. They need to send a message. There are plenty of other news sources for in flight news they could do a deal with. It use to be Nine in the past. I’m sure other networks would be happy to provide the service.

Sky needs to be run into the ground enough so it’s a toxic brand for News Corp

4 Likes

As well as QANTAS (who I agree, should cut their ties with Sky and give the rights to produce the in-flight news to a more credible outlet like the ABC or Nine), doesn’t Virgin Australia also play Sky News on the screens in their airport lounges?

Mind you, I’m not sure if either airline would be paying Sky News to have it on their screens…

I believe Virgin does have Sky on as well (it was on the last time i was there) I imagine News Corp is paying for the channel to be on their screens in the airport lounges.

Is cutting the whole channel an overreaction? I don’t think so but maybe they could just cut Sky News in the evenings from 6.00pm because that’s when it seems the rot sets in.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s Sky News, sometimes it’s ABC News. All depends on the lounge and staff

1 Like

Benjamin Law tweeted that Virgin Lounges weren’t showing Sky.

1 Like

Ha ha Laura Jayes just went on a rant about Sky News being removed from Victorian train stations. Bolt is coming on to rant too.

LOL. Clearly these two have rocks in the head.

Good that advertisers are pulling out (so far the ones that have been mentioned here) Its what they deserve. Just now waiting for Paul Murray to fuck up next…

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s fair to say that Sky as a whole is a ‘toxic’ station in much the same way it’s not right to suggest Fox’s news side (eg; Shepherd Smith, Chris Wallace, etc) are Trump cheerleaders like their opinion presenters are

1 Like

So why are so many real journalists exiting right now?

Just gotta wait for one of the talking heads or a guest to say something homophobic, I feel that would be the final straw for Alan Joyce above anything else.

Considering Sky recently it surely won’t take long.

He doesn’t really stand up for gay rights anyway.

Because as Sky doubles down even more on opinion programming, the amount of straight news programming is either being reduced or being relied upon less.

1 Like

So that all that will remain are right wing cheerleaders?

Even some of their so called proper journalists are questionable… that Caroline Marcus is vile.

Even some of their day parts are opinion… that Friday Show with that extremist Rita Panahi is also an extraordinarily unpalatable program.

3 Likes

Marcus is more of an opinion commentator these days rather than a journalist and should be considered as such

1 Like

Laura Jayes and David Speers interviewed the Victorian minister who made the decision, and I have to admit that the minister did not handle herself well. Could not identify specific examples of offensive material broadcast by Sky news on the train platforms.