Sky News

Little man syndrome rears its ugly head yet again. :rofl:

2 Likes

Greg Thomson was a shit reporter anyway… Never particular liked his style or him, this just only confirms it.

You know Sky News could be so much potentially if they get rid of their crum croanies from the evening line up (Paul Murry would be the first to go!)

6 Likes

The reach of Nine is more impressive, and Seven would be similar. Front page of the Nine website:

Could they be using their own internal numbers rather then OzTAM?

I would doubt that they even had that reach per week. You only have to look at the minute by minute audience figures to see that. As bacco007 suggests they’re probably using internal fudged numbers.

Oh and agree… Greg Thomson is an awful presenter. Can’t believe his smug style ever made it on to Sky News.

1 Like

He has today resigned from both networks:

7 Likes

Funny that those who say offensive things on air are often rewarded with more camera time.

it’s usually enough to get you a prime time slot on Sky

2 Likes

I like Greg Thomson a lot, he’s a real talent. Hope to see him somewhere else soon.

I’ve been to a lot of these Sydney charity events and they do get a bit crazy.

3 Likes

I needed a good laugh…

4 Likes

I mean - he lost it. It’s not hard to do when you feel backed into a corner. Happens to the best of us. Was never particularly a fan but obviously not his best moment. You guys don’t need to stick the boot in.

3 Likes

He will probably move to ABC News 24.

Funny how everyone “has nothing to apologise for”… until they lose their jobs. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Obviously means they were pushed out.

“Wait, not so fast. We looked at the raw data from ratings agency OzTam’s 5-city metro database. The actual number of people watching Bolt on any weeknight is 31,000 and Murray is 36,000. To get to the six-digit figures for Bolt and Murray, Sky has used “reach” figures rather than the average audience across one episode on one night. Reach figures are the total number of people tuning into one minute of those programs across an entire week.”

2 Likes

Phew! 31,000 for Bolt and 36k for Murray is still way too much.

Unfortunately their effect is greater than their ratings, because (I feel, anyway) they make more moderate right-wing nutjobs look sane …

There’s been quite a few departures from Sky News in the last 6 months or so:

• Kristina Keneally (resigned to run for lower house; now a Senator)
  • Peter van Onselen (quit, doing freelance TV appearances)
  • Jim Middleton (resigned to be a political staffer)
  • Samantha Maiden (suspended then quit)
  • Greg Thomson (suspended then quit)
  • Amy Greenbank (was Sydney reporter, now with ABC)
  • Carson Scott (Business Channel anchor, not sure where he is these days)
  • Lyndal Curtis (resigned as Canberra bureau chief)
  • Johanna Marie (was Gold Coast reporter, now with ABC)
  • Jennifer Bechwati (was Canberra reporter, just joined Seven)
  • Lucy Langtry (was Hobart reporter, now TAS govt media advisor)

It’s a pretty high turnover rate amongst actual journos. Apart from the local reporter positions being filled, the only new arrivals at Sky of late are more political commentators and News Corp editors

3 Likes

Its actually an utterly disgusting if you ask me, with young journalists graduating looking for a job and the industry somewhat shrinking Sky persists with its nonsensical lineup of foolish bigots.

Not only have they lost reporters but a large pool of credible presenters who have been thrusted out or quit. John Mangos, Chris Roe, Celina Edmonds, Gemma Veness, Vanessa Grimm to name a few.

4 Likes

Mass exodus at Sky News in the last 6 months

Where are Celina, Gemma, Vanessa?