Sky News

So maybe Jaynie is replacing Brooke Corte on weekday First Edition?

1 Like

I would imagine Amy Greenback will do this. as she is the number 2. Like Caroline was the number 2 for Jaynie.

1 Like

Took me a while to find it on Twitter. Sky News essentially defamed Sarah Hanson-Young by repeating a David Leyonhjelm gutter slur.

not only did they repeat it, they put it in a strap across the bottom of the screen

Not surprisingly, the incident occurred during ‘Outsiders’ which tells you everything you need to know about that program

1 Like

I’ma assume this was it. Courtesy of someone off twitter

1 Like

Appalling.

Looking at the panellists on Outsiders… good lord.

So Sky won’t dump the show?

1 Like

It will be interesting to see if Paul Murray and Outsiders appear on Sky News on WIN, because they are not suitable for free-to-air television I think.

One could argue that Paul Murray Live and Outsiders are not suitable for television full stop, but that’s a debate for another time.

5 Likes

Is this in addition to what Leyonhjelm said earlier in the week? How is a producer taking the fall for this and not the man who the quote is attributable to?

1 Like

Leyonhjelm was in the studio on Sunday morning on Outsiders, and he made another slur against Hanson-Young. Yeah, the producer did just apparently put on screen what Leyonhjelm said.

Sky has published and broadcast his comments which wereade on their programme. Neither the senator nor Sky are protected by parliamentary privilege opening them up to legal action from Hanson-Young.

Questions need to be asked why he was invited on the show in the first place

5 Likes

What’s on 603? Is that Fox?

1 Like

It appears to be on the Weather channel. Is the content expanding.

1 Like

That’s quite a demotion? Going from breakfast show on weekends to basically presenting the weather daily. Strange.

1 Like
2 Likes