Sky News

Sky News and Nine are in negotiations for a 24 hr 50/50 joint venture rebranded Sky News Business channel which would be available on Foxtel, and free-to-air on Nine taking the space occupied by Extra. The content would be broadened out to include personal finance.

Source: The Australian

3 Likes

Business news for metro, conservative news for regional. Actually makes sense, not that I like Sky News.

1 Like

I do like the Sky UK feed, but not with Sky AU covering up their logo. It’s really obvious sometimes!

They really missed the opportunity to rebrand.

2 Likes

As posted in Your Money thread, Sky News Business channel will be replaced later this year by a new channel called Your Money, a joint venture between Sky News and Nine Entertainment.

Looking forward to this being on free-to-air soon. Not.

1 Like

Telum Media reporting that former Sunday Mail editor in Brisbane Peter Gleeson has a new five day on-air role with Sky News.

According to Mumbrella, he’s going to become a contributor while remaining as the host of ‘Heads Up’ on weekends

1 Like
3 Likes

What’s going on at Sky News?

The subsequent tweets have more information. She wants to spend more time with her young children, and she has been diagnosed with anxiety and depression so needs a break.

5 Likes

Last month she was reportedly stood down by Sky News management due to “workplace behaviour issues”. I guess her anxiety and depression were related to this?

3 Likes

Stood down means fired, are you sure you didn’t mean suspended? Then why was she still at Sky?

Stood down doesn’t mean fired, it generally refers to when an employer has no work for the employee to do especially in manufacturing or construction and does not pay them during that time. It had however become increasingly interchangeable with suspend, usually with pay, whilst an investigation into workplace events takes place.

7 Likes

Wonder what she did to get fired.

A total boofhead. And so is Leyonhjelm. Why can’t Sky News have a watchable late night political program rather than this.

I read Brooke Corte will become face of Sky News Business when it goes free to air.

I assume this means she will leave First Edition.

1 Like

Big change is on the way for sky news as announced this morning by Jayne seal on Saturday Edition.

3 Likes

Caroline Marcus will be replacing her:

2 Likes

So lighthearted to hearing nonsense from her

3 Likes