Sky News

Paul Murray is OK, but I prefer the FM radio/Paul and Rach Paul rather than the Fox News wannabe Paul. I do wish he’d move on from Sky News, but somehow I don’t think he will.

3 Likes

The Sunday Telegraph reports Abbey Gelmi has quit Fox Sports News and Seven is said to be chasing her signature. She could become the new host of Seven’s NSW racing coverage.

1 Like

Gelmi left a few weeks ago. However, she still voices promos for Fox Sports

TV Tonight reporting Sky News AU will also simulcast on channel 103, the current home of UKTV.

That was announced last week.

Multiview has not been dropped totally, it will move to Sky News website and become a members-only exclusive as the TV Tonight article points out.

Yes, but the active TV platform (e.g. press red for active) will be dropped from TV screens as stated in the May edition of the Foxtel magazine released two weeks ago.

This digital platform appears to be something different to the active offering.

1 Like

ADAM GILES JOINS SKY NEWS

The Adam Giles Show

Premieres Sunday 6 May at 6:00pm AEST on Sky News Live

Sky News today announced former Chief Minister of the Northern Territory Adam Giles will join the Sky News team to anchor a new Sunday night discussion program, The Adam Giles Show.

Kicking off the channel’s new Sunday evening line-up at 6:00pm AEST, the new one-hour program will premiere this Sunday 6 May and broadcast LIVE from the Sky News Melbourne studio each week.

Adam will be joined by regional community leaders and politicians to discuss the big issues facing local communities.

Adam Giles said: “I am really excited to be joining the Sky News team. The new program is a great opportunity to give community leaders across different regions of Australia the chance to share their view on issues affecting them and their communities.

Joining me for the premiere of The Adam Giles Show this week is Matt Cunningham, Northern Australia Correspondent and Darwin Bureau Chief at Sky News, Perth journalist, Jane Marwick and Federal MP for Wright, Scott Buchholz, all bringing a fresh perspective and commentary on the headlines that matter most.”

Angelos Frangopoulos, CEO Australian News Channel said: “It’s a great pleasure to welcome Adam Giles to Sky News and to our outstanding new Sunday night line-up, to bring viewers a robust discussion and focus on the news and events taking place across regional Australia.”

A regular guest on Sky News programs, most recently on Paul Murray LIVE, Adam was Chief Minister from March 2013 to August 2016 and former leader of the Country Liberal Party. Adam grew up in the Blue Mountains, NSW, and has lived all over Australia, including Melbourne, Canberra, Alice Springs and Darwin and now resides in Western Victoria.

The Adam Giles Show, Sundays at 6:00pm AEST

Kenny on Sunday, Sundays at 7:00pm AEST

Paul Murray LIVE, Sunday – Thursday at 9:00pm AEST

PML Overtime, Sunday – Thursday 10:00pm AEST

Heads Up, Sundays at 11:00pm AEST

:roll_eyes: ughhh another fucking right wing nut job on sky.

3 Likes

Here we go Fox News Australia :roll_eyes:

You meant to tell me I have to wait until 12am just for a regular news bulletin?

I don’t know why Sky think politicians/former politicians would make good presenters. Prime example of that is Pyne & Marles

2 Likes

The Australian reports that Sky News and Nine are close to finalise a deal that will see Sky Business airing on FTA for the first time. The report says the deal will see Sky Business run part of the broadcaster’s schedule on one of Nine’s multichannels from September.
Could Sky Business be shown on 9Life during the day?

2 Likes

The story in The Australian also says it’s certain shows which will screen on one of Nine’s multichannels.

I’d personally prefer to see no Sky News content on free to air TV. But at least Sky News Business programs would still be somewhat better than the “quality” content that makes up the primetime lineup of Sky News Live.

3 Likes

Id prefer Sky News to go back in a hole :stuck_out_tongue: actually. Some select Sky business programs could go to 9life maybe? Like the real estate they have on weekends for house auctions and stuff. I can’t see sky business shows going on 9gem or 9go, do we really want to expose our youth to giddy goanna real estate monsters on 9go?

3 Likes

Completely forgot about eXtra - would certainly fit the ‘infotainment’ category (albeit as information, rather than entertainment)

2 Likes

Capture
“rise in popularity of our News channels” :thinking:

Also “ratings winning”, who exactly is the competition? :thinking:

Usual shit from the Murdoch’s ‘News’ Corp.