Sky News

Rise in popularity? How many horses watch this channel like 10 from 5

lol, there ratings are probably only from Australian newsrooms having it on display in their offices.

2 Likes

if your talking 10am to 5pm - it’s the only time worth watching before the right wing nut job talking heads come on.

1 Like

haha yeah I avoid the right wing nut jobs like a plague… lol I gallop towards the ABC for real opinions.

You do know Sky News is a top 5 rated cable channel now - out of about 100. It’s doing its best numbers ever

Doesn’t say much for their other channels.

Says a lot about pay TV in Australia. Sky’s ratings are not huge. We’re talking tens of thousands.

Aaaand that’s the kicker. They’ve picked up some very, very low hanging fruit - that’s it. What happens when these elderly racists cark it? The next lot won’t be watching Foxtel that’s for sure. The channel is on borrowed time.

2 Likes

A few mindless sheep that watches it for the liberal-fest of fools at night? that’s what 1,000 people per night… yeah if they wanna call that successful , truth is hard to accept when it comes to that channel.

During the day, sky News is very good but I turn over come 6pm

1 Like

Up to 70,000 in primetime.
Yes that’s very successful in cable

I didn’t say top quality content. But you can’t knock sky for not being a ratings success.

1 Like

Australia is still breeding racists don’t worry

I know that exact numbers can’t be quoted due to OzTAM/RegionalTAM restrictions, but I wonder how the ratings of Sky News’ most popular programs compare with the highest rating content on the ABC News channel?

Just giving them a platform to spread their racist views. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

cable is a pretty low benchmark though.

Similar. Sky News hits 70k sometimes in prime. ABC News’ best performer is News Breakfast which gets about the same.

But ABC News is in 3 times as many homes as Sky News

1 Like

It’s all relative.

Tasmania is a low benchmark compared to Perth.

Perth is a low benchmark compared to Sydney

Australia is a low benchmark compared to the USA

A show getting 1 million is a hit in Australia. In the US that’s a joke

It’s all relative. 70k on cable is a Top 5 show for the night

The fact remains - and I’m not a sky fan at all - but they are at all time highs right now

2 Likes
3 Likes

Far as I’m concerned about time, she had crap presenting skills.