Sky News

No…they’re fucking useless. I mentioned this when they first went HD. Of course nothing has changed.

2 Likes

Does Sky still use ABC (US) content?

It’s funny/sad how a local news bulletin on free to air like Nine News Sydney can source HD footage from Fox Sports for sports reports while Pay TV national news channel Sky News can’t!

yep and CBS, running both news services in (almost) full at 10.30 and 11.30am

And I’m pretty sure they use ABC US for a lot of their US news reports.

Still can’t believe they gave Christopher Phaaayne a TV show.

1 Like

the ABC bulletin at 10.30 is live (during AEDT), so at least Sky gets that right.

1 Like

I think they run it on a 1 minute delay - when I check it seems to always start at 10.31.

1 Like

Hmm, surprised they didnt cover the GOP debate, its not like they have a channel showing repeats over the weekend…

1 Like

Patricia Karvelas’ show this evening was excellent - thought provoking, intelligent debate, highly topical discussion (this week mostly about Aboriginal affairs)… everything The Verdict isn’t.

Well done Sky!

1 Like

Fire alert on Sky News yesterday

Sky has those things often.

News night coming from the new set tonight.

It’s funny/sad how a local news bulletin on free to air like Nine News Sydney can source HD footage from Fox Sports for sports reports while Pay TV national news channel Sky News can’t!

Sky News only HD equipment is Sydney studio cameras. They don’t have HD edit bays or fibre. Which is why no file vision is in HD. It’s ridiculous in 2016 that a subscription channel people pay for and is meant to be HD 24/7 is still playing catch up

4 Likes

Just as ridiculous launching an HD simulcast when you can’t output HD. Could they not have waited until their entire operation was upgraded?

There was a post earlier that explained the reasoning. Basically Foxtel forced Sky to go HD. Would never have happened otherwise.

1 Like

Just noticed that former sky news political reporter David lipson now works for the abc on lateline

He defected a while I ago I remember.

The Australian is reporting this morning that Seven West Media may end up jointly owning Sky News with News Corp in a 50/50 deal. The story says Seven West and News Corp are both prepared to beef up investment for the news network’s expansion.

So basically if this happened Seven West and News Corp would buy out Sky plc UK and Nine Entertainment Co.

This is an interesting development as there had been a lot of talk of Ten joining with News to jointly own/run Sky News.

It appears Sky News is now presenting most bulletins from the new PM Live Set.