Sky News

Erin wasn’t having a whinge. She received death threats and I believe threats were also made against her daughter. She shouldn’t have to put up with that kind of vile behaviour and rightly has been advocating for action.

6 Likes

That I agree with.

Unfortunately some of her views and her opinions presented in public also makes it quite apparent that the documentary was targetting anyone who didn’t think like her as ‘bullies’. She has form in the area in playing the victim so unfortunately for her very few are going to take it seriously.

4 Likes

FootyKick, can I ask: do you work for the Liberal Party or NewsCorp? Because all I ever see you do on these forums is defend anything and everything that those two outfits do.

Look, obviously the death threats Erin received were appalling. But I also think she perhaps went a bit over the top with her criticism of these trolls, lumping in those who criticised her online (generally harmless) with those who genuinely harassed her (obviously not harmless, and completely beyond the pale).

3 Likes

I’ve also asked that question… ether that or he works for Newscorp.

2 Likes

I can’t stand Sky News After Dark, also known as “Sky News Frothing at the Mouth” but I will tune in on Monday night to see Paul Murray and friends discuss Daniel Andrew’s win in Victoria.

These Sky News boffins go into every election thinking that they can sway the vote. The day after the election they realise that their echo chamber of outrage is no bigger than an accessible toilet at Flinders St Station.

12 Likes

Heads were surely exploding at Sky HQ last night with the result.

6 Likes

The Outsiders this morning in air now saying the Libs lost is that they weren’t right wing enough. They didn’t oppose Labor with everything. They live in a parallel universe.

10 Likes

If you were into conspiracy theories, you’d think Labor in Victoria were in control of Sky News - with the aim of pushing the Victorian Libs so far right that they’ll never win.

8 Likes

This is what they were saying after the Federal election too. They must be living in another world. They don’t realise that the majority of people have views in the centre and will vote one way or another depending on what is better for them and their future.

Having policies further to the right will just push voters the other way.

7 Likes

Matches what Credlin and Bolt was saying on last night’s election coverage.

2 Likes

They were arguing for Tim Smith to return to politics as he “has a backbone”.

They were advocating for conviction politics and traditional conservative values. They used Ron Desantis as the standard bearer for turning Florida into “the state where woke goes to die”. They bemoaned Victoria for having the most “extreme transgender policies in the world”.

So their argument is to go more right and extreme to get votes. The Libs ran Katherine Deves in Warringah at the last federal election and the evidence is there for how she went with her extreme hateful and homophobic views.

2 Likes

There are probably Sky viewers who legit have this belief.

2 Likes

Absolutely, but then you remember that Sky barely gets about 50,000 viewers on its linear channel, and that this would likely be no more than about 20,000, or 30,000 people in Victoria factoring in the foxtel + regional FTA broadcast.

4 Likes

Topic tonight on sky: “the woke are turning the world nuts”. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: are they serious with this content.

3 Likes

Well yes, You see the woke are the greatest threat to the world don’t you know? Piers Morgan has been trying to warn us for years.

1 Like
1 Like

According to The Australian’s Media Diary, Paul Murray may be keen to return to his old 9pm timeslot of which he prefers the “later-night vibe”. This would open up a vacancy at 8pm which would likely be filled by Chris Kenny, therefore opening up the 5pm slot most likely to Chris Smith given Smith was seen filming a Sky promo in Sydney.

I don’t know why they wouldn’t just swap Rita Panahi and Rowan Dean’s 9pm shows into 8pm. They’re holding decent numbers and, probably more importantly for Sky, get good social media numbers.

3 Likes

Agree! Id prefer PML back to 9PM and have Rowan and Rita alternate in the 8pm slot.

1 Like

I’d prefer none of them. They all suck. But anyway…

7 Likes