Sky News

Interesting but that pushes Rita and Rowan Dean to 10pm if they’re coming back in 2023.

Piers Morgan can be moved to Sky News Extra unless there’s some contractual reason why.

I think that Rita and Rowan’s shows would come to an end because don’t forget they’ll need to pay Chris Smith if he’s doing 5pm fulltime. Sky have shown this year with simulcasting Piers Morgan (thereby dropping Alan Jones) and cutting back PML that they aren’t afraid to save some money.

2 Likes

Third time’s the charm alright.

2 Likes

I imagine the focus will be on being cancelled rather than the multiple historical allegations

3 Likes

Due to the allegations I think we may have seen the last of Chris Smith on Sky News. It will be interesting to see who takes over his previous time slots. Hopefully not Rowan Dean as he seems a bit over exposed on the channel currently.

He keeps doing this over and over. What a vile person. He sits there and moralizes and takes some sort of high ground in his extreme right wing diatribes yet he proved yet again the hypocrisy of these right wingers. The rules don’t apply to them just everyone else. He should’ve been purged from the media long ago.

2 Likes

Smith hasn’t expressed any ‘extreme right wing’ views on air. He’s a moderate if that. Seems to be a phoney conservative of convenience.

And unfortunately too many have allegedly seen him at his worst.

I do agree that his exit is long overdue.

2 Likes

Piers Morgan Uncensored is airing tonight at 6pm in place of ‘CS tonight’.

1 Like

The question is who will take over the 5pm slot which was slated for Smith?

Caleb Bond or Daisy Cousens might get a full time gig.

Piers Morgan might move to it.

Or Business Now moves to 5.30 and news gains back an extra hour?

A 24/7 Business channel revived would be better. Was closed down a few years ago

1 Like

Won’t rate like nutty nutjob News despite the quality.

2 Likes

Since when does Foxtel go for Ratings? Would love to see a Business channel again.

Fox News have Fox Business 24/7 so there is no reason Sky News can revive Sky Business.

Lack of business related advertisers willing to advertise on a business channel which would make it unviable. Even Sky News airs a lot of infomercial products during it’s commercial breaks.

2 Likes

I think this is the final nail in the coffin for Chris Smith’s media career. I’m not at all surprised that Rita Panihi and Andrew Bolt have all but abandoned him. Unemployable would be best to describe him at the moment and that’s not just the media but any industry.

3 Likes

If we can assume Chris Smith will lose his job on Sky, especially after Andrew Bolt’s comments, who could host the 5pm slot if Chris Kenny moves to 8pm? I think it would be too early for the sort of content and style of broadcasting Rowan Dean and Rita Panahi have. Perhaps Cory Bernardi, or Laura Jayes given a chance in primetime? They’re probably scrambling for a replacement right now.

:face_vomiting:

Not sure if Andrew’s some sort of leader to call the shots but I’m fairly certain if Chris was sacked it wouldn’t be because of Bolt’s comments but his own action which he’s got form in.

3 Likes