Sky News

just watch abc news 24

7 Likes

That’d be nice, but I’m sure the people at News Corp have run the numbers, and concluded it’s not worth it. The ABC can do it because they’re publicly funded, and have no advertising. If 9 or 7 thought it was a goer, they would’ve done it ages ago.

Off the top of my head, English speaking countries (except the US) have struggled to support more than one commercial and one non commercial 24/7 news channel.

The drift towards opinion in the evenings (not just on Fox, but also MSNBC and CNN) is all because of the question: how long do you watch the news for? 30 minutes, an hour maybe?

Outside of news nerds and media types, I’m guessing that’d be correct. There’s just no reason to stick with a (straight) news channel outside of a major event for more than that every night. But if you have good entertainment/factual/opinion programming you might stick with that channel for the entire night.

1 Like

The Australian reports Andrew Bolt has signed a contract extension with Sky News, and will continue to host The Bolt Report in 2023.

Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes

7 Likes

Erin Molan’s documentary Haters Online was delayed due to Sky News’ coverage of the death of Queen Elizabeth II. The documentary will now premiere next Tuesday (October 18) at 7pm AEDT.

1 Like

There’s Sky News Extra.

According to The Australian, Sky are preparing a documentary about Daniel Andrews ahead of the state election, with the working title “The Cult of Daniel Andrews”. It will be presented by Peta Credlin, who has been in the field in recent days conducting interviews with political and media identities.

Credlin’s special will be a big-picture offering that looks at the relationships that helped him rise to power, and once he became Premier, retain his grip. It will look at the Premier’s handling of covid, his infamous holiday house fall, and there’s also talk of interviews with “whistleblowers” on the infamous “red shirts” affair.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Expecting that to be a totally unbiased program without any hysterical hyperbole or misinformation.

6 Likes

You’re spoiling the next special from Sky News titled: ‘My Pete (Dutton) is no monster - He’s a BIG SOFTIE’ which is about how Dutty evolved from Sir Joh’s Good Cop Bad Cop into Voldemort/Potatohead.

8 Likes

It pains me we have to be even subjected to the synopsis of this on this forum.

3 Likes

These Peta Credlin docos are in the same vein as the Tucker Carlson originals?? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Erin Molan made a rare appearance on 10 this morning to promote her Sky News documentary.

Awwwww poor Ewin got a mwean mwessage

Jeez move on mate. I’m tired of seeing the ads every second ad break on Kayo. Yeah it’s a big problem but present it properly and not like everyone in the world was against you.

(I haven’t watched the interview above yet)

1 Like

I can only imagine Ms Nolan polarises some people, I find her happy go luck persona on 2DAY and then the sky news persona very odd. She probably cops a lot of abuse on social media, and some things that are (I am guessing) written to her are abhorrent and totally unacceptable.

However, as part of a larger debate, if you participate and push your ‘socials’ aren’t you basically being a lightning rod for that type of rubbish…

A quick google tells me she’s active on Insta (how cool am I, Insta…) and twitter, if it’s so bad walk away from it…turn it off…Log it off.

Everyone’s toleration levels are different, I get that, but if your in the media, or an ‘influencer’ you can hardly complain if you get some less than positive feedback.

Debate welcome…

3 Likes

Similar to Ben fordham, attempted bubbly on Today previously and then flick the switch to the radio personality.

1 Like
1 Like

Rita Panahi and James Morrow

That’ll be nice and balanced, then.

2 Likes

well yeah, you can view them as right wing serious commentators, or parodies of right wing commentators.

So that’s kind of balanced.

3 Likes

They weren’t this “comprehensive” last May