Sky News

Give Melissa Doyle a flagship news bulletin at 7pm - it might actually bring a new audience to Sky

They had that. And that audience back in the day. They chose to move away from it. Oddly.

Melissa Doyle 360. Something similar to Anderson Cooper on CNN. It’d be pretty cool. Credlin and Kenny could co host the 5pm hour and have Bolt do 6pm providing an alternative to the free to air news at 6.

Melissa Doyle in Sydney and Andrew Bolt in Melbourne and call it “News Centre Sky”

Hmmm… sounds like something out of 1974.

News is quite simply not Ten’s forte. Seven and Nine have that market well and truly covered. Can’t really blame Lachie for market realities - they tried with the news revolution, but Ten didn’t have five years to bed it in.

1 Like

Nah, call it Beauty And The Beast.

You figure out who’s who. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes something host driven and CNN like

Erin Burnett Out Front on CNN - something like this

2 Likes

I admire Doyle as much as the next person here. However, why would Sky disrupt their primetime opinion schedule for a news program which likely wouldn’t rate as well? It would be replicating the ratings dip Fox News currently has between 6pm ET & 8pm ET (ie; the two hours between Trump-friendly opinion programs)

3 Likes

Peter Stefanovic and Mel Doyle in the morning could work. I do like Ashleigh Gillon for NewsDay.

2 Likes

The graphics Sky News uses for online-only stories on YouTube, Facebook, Sky News app and the Sky News website.

2 Likes
1 Like

Thought I read that the role of Brisbane Bureau Chief was made redundant. What’s the difference between these jobs?

1 Like

Behind The Scenes in the Control Rooms at Sky News. Taken by a friend who works there.

5 Likes

First excerpt of Melissa Doyle’s interview with Kylie Moore-Gilbert.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/kylie-mooregilbert-opens-up-about-ordeal-in-iranian-jail/news-story/71487717799c784a22de173dc19befb1

1 Like

I’m a little late with this, but did anyone watch this? Never thought I would see Mel Doyle on Sky News.

1 Like

No one watches Sky News.

3 Likes

I saw the last 20 minutes of the Moore-Gilbert interview. She conducted it in the standard, empathetic Doyle style and it wouldn’t have been out of place on her old Sunday Night show. I even hung around for the first ten minutes of the Alan Jones show that followed. Found myself agreeing with some of his points until he got to the topic of climate change and I had to switch off.

5 Likes

Says you.

I’m sorry you had to watch that show :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I cannot help but feel that Alan Jones on Sky News is like John Laws on 2SM:

• Time to go
  • The hey days are over
  • Retire gracefully
  • Noosa is lovely this time of year
  • This is getting embarrassing
  • Take the money and run
11 Likes