Sky News UK

That is a heavy punishment. Can you imagine reporters being suspended on full pay for going to parties under the same circumstances here in Australia? There will be uproar.

Given the current shitshow the UK is going through re: COVID and the amount of restrictions being put on them, it’s kind of unavoidable. You have to be seen to be making an example. At least they’re being paid.

I’d consider it heavy if they weren’t being paid.

2 Likes

Bingo. Burley gets a 6 month holiday, lucky her.

1 Like

Unconvinced.

2 Likes

This story gets interesting too - it appears that Sky staff had the party tailed by a photographer, emailing the photos out to media outlets via a burner email

Not much of a holiday if you’re stuck at home under restrictions!

Though I’d imagine she will still be enjoying getting paid whilst relaxing at home instead of working.

Sky News has launched their new look today (including new music)

https://tvliveforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=412

4 Likes

New graphics were rolled out during the local elections coverage last month. About time Sky UK had a refresh

1 Like
7 Likes
3 Likes

That opener goes on a bit hey

1 Like

they do like a long opener

1 Like

Sky has really not evolved at all in 12+ years. Same basic look and colours, still an obsession with faux shine. It’s very dated. Other networks can be consistent but evolve OSG like CNN has, but Sky seems stuck in 2009.

(Also that content is so boring it makes ABC News look like a rave).

1 Like

Interesting slogan, as Independent Television News is still the name of the company that produces ITV News, Channel 4 News and 5 News.

3 Likes

I do like that they’ve dropped the wall of UPPER CASE TEXT in supers and the ticker - not a fan of the extended safe zone

1 Like

Also the weird opener showing off their website? Who gives a shit. The audience rightly expects you have a website and do podcasts. Showing off your Multiplatform stuff was okay 10 years ago

2 Likes

i dont like the new rendition of the theme tune - too dramatic

1 Like

Think it’s a pre-emptive shot at the impending launch of GB News.

As for Sky’s new look, reckon it’s a step backwards compared to the previous package (especially the ticker). While the remixed theme is decent, it bugs me because as it reaches its crescendo/climax, it abruptly stops instead of properly concluding

1 Like

Absolutely this.

Some things they tried look a bit naff now (the 2005 opener which featured the Sky News centre front and centre with flashes of reporters working) but they tried things different.

Now they seem to go for a deliberately minimalist look but it all ends up looking a bit plain given the predominance of white in the package.

That opener is dull as dishwater too. So long and no urgency.

While I’m here…The suspended box isn’t the worst idea for a studio either but it’s dreadfully executed.

3 Likes