Sky News Regional

Don’t think there is any contractual clause between Nine and WIN. Rather, it’s a matter of economics and available infrastructure.

1 Like

That’s exactly what it is. I’m expecting some arrangement for all the 10 JV’s to be announced soon.

3 Likes

TV Guide for Monday 2 August.

http://scmedia.com.au/content/eguide.aspx?ch=EPG.SkyNews:Sky%20News%20Regional%20(all%20times%20provided%20in%20AEST%20/%20AEDT)&dd=2021-08-02

Why is Paul on at 4pm too? Also “Breakfast Show” good branding there.

Nutjob wants to be seen by more than two men and their dogs.

2 Likes

When SNoW first launched, both Sky and WIN talked up having regionally relevant news content, especially in that “Headline News” timeslot - I can’t comment as to whether that eventuated or not.

SNoW started out similar and about 18 months in the amount of Fox Sports News content increased dramatically - will be interesting to see what happens long term this time around

3 Likes

It did feature segments with crosses to WIN Newsrooms, so I’d say it did. That would be why it’s being retired alongside ‘on WIN’

4 Likes

Some information about Sky News Regional is available on the SNA website. Includes some coverage maps.

Sky News Regional | Sky News Australia

5 Likes

Is this not going to run in the Spencer Gulf (SCA wholly owned)?

Bizarrely, no.

1 Like

For once, viewers in the GTS/BKN viewing area should count themselves lucky that they’re missing out on a multichannel being received by other regional markets!

9 Likes

They don’t receive 10 Shake either. I don’t know why SCA doesn’t include them in negotiations for new channels. Same thing happened with 9Life in 2016 - all SCA 9’s except SA got it. Then SA and Tas got it months/a year later. At least WIN ‘treats’ their solus markets like any of their other markets.

2 Likes

I think that might at least appreciate the breakfast show and news programs during daylight hours.

2 Likes

I disagree, more content for free is always a good thing for viewers irrespective of personal preference.

3 Likes

I’d prefer Sky News over another shopping channel.

8 Likes

I’d watch Sky News over 9Life any day. Although I personally would prefer SNOW version to Sky Regional. Replacing some of the disgraceful opion show with FSN. And having a nightly bulliten at 11:30. It looks like Sky Breakfast will also be only available in SD as no simulcast on main channel.

4 Likes

Of course, it’s still getting simulcast on Sky News Weather like Headline News was, but that doesn’t have a HD simulcast,

It’s all about the $$$. SCA are not willing to purchase more equipment in order to broadcast these channels to smaller markets. A workaround would be is to replace SBN and TVSN with Shake and Sky Regional, but can’t see them doing that.

1 Like

With the recent launches of 7HD, 9HD, 9Life and 10 HD, I assumed SCA still invested in their smaller markets. Particularly when they invested in 10 Shake for Tasmania, where they only get 50% revenue from that station. Even WIN, who traditionally treats their solus and joint venture secondary affiliations very differently to their primary affiliations, secured a deal with Sky.

I guess we’ll just wait and see. I’m confident it will happen in SA and Darwin, just not straight away as history has shown.

2 Likes

I am hoping with the launch of Sky News Regional tomorrow, Aspire TV will finally get the axe. SCA deleted the channel from non-Nine (now Ten) affiliates years ago, it’s only remained on them ever since.