Sky News Regional

Definitely needs more watermarks. Can almost see something in spite of them all.

5 Likes

It would make sense to rebrand Sky as Fox.

Any similarity between Sky News UK and Sky News Oz evaporated some time ago.

3 Likes

This will just confuse viewers in Ayr, near Townsville.

Yet the idiots had “starts 6am AEST” on the loop in every state. :confused:

3 Likes

It took until 11:30 am for WIN to fix the SNOW signal in Queensland.

1 Like

Sports footage during FSN is sooo bad.

Anyone who has Foxtel just for Sky is pretty silly considering they give it away for free on the Foxtel app. All other channels on the app require you to sign in with a Foxtel account to view but Sky is available free. You can even get the app for PC which means you can watch it on your big screen TV if you use it as your PC’s monitor. It also makes this Sky News on Win channel rather pointless when the full version of Sky is already available for free anyway. The only benefit of watching Sky via Foxtel is that it’s in HD. Speaking of which, the new SNOW channel quality is absolutely horrendous, even the free Foxtel app’s stream of full Sky is far better quality than it.

1 Like

Is FOX Sports News any good besides the usual complaints about sports footage buffering.

They gotta get those audience figures up somehow.

1 Like

It’s probably the best content we’re ever going to see on SNOW.

1 Like

Here’s a table showing Monday’s schedule and where the programming comes from. When a show starts later than on Sky News Live or FSN, I assume they crash into the broadcast live. But they could replay the first half-hour instead?

7 Likes

So the only reason this channel exists is to trundle out that toxic right wing prime time line up. There’s no real straight news bulletins on an actual news channel.

7 Likes

Pretty much. The rest of it is like a preview of the premium offer on Foxtel. Nothing from FSN gets more than an hour of the actual program on weekdays, for example.

1 Like

Live bug appears to be working as expected - greyed out for a recorded segment on Mundine Means Business:

2 Likes

Mundine Business program:

2 Likes

WIN channel is always showing LIVE but real Sky (left of pic) is only showing it for broadcasts which are actually live.

2 Likes

Looks like different areas are getting different states of the Live bug, then!

Clearly the professional teams at win and sky producing the best quality broadcast. :roll_eyes:

Must be because whenever I’ve looked at WIN today it’s always been showing Live. I’m watching the Nth NSW feed btw. I’ve also noticed that the terrestrial WIN channel is running around 15-20secs behind real Sky via Foxtel satellite.

1 Like

My theory; they keep the live bug on during FSN programs as FSN doesn’t follow the silly practice of greying out a live bug during recorded content instead of just removing it like normal news channels do, lol.

Edit: Still greyed out here:

4 Likes