Sky News Regional

Looks like the feed is split into QLD, NNSW, SNSW, VIC, TAS, SA, WA for advertising.

Promo:

2 Likes

It also looks looks bad in victoria its like a bad internet strem.

1 Like

Speers:

1 Like

I think they need to let Gold go if they want this channel to work as the picture quality is not great!

6 Likes

On SNOW, the Live bug is always on the screen, whereas on the real Sky News, it is only there for studio elements / content, interviews etc that are actually live.

This interview was recorded earlier, compare:

Also, on SNOW the ticker goes off in ad breaks, whereas real Sky keeps it up.

6 Likes

A look into the software used for some sort of aspect of Television. Posted by a WIN Television technician:

8 Likes

My Fetch Mighty has the same issue. SNOW is fine on my Sumsung recorder.

Outsiders:

1 Like

So this is essentially a 24 hour sports news channel?

How hard is it just to change the fucking ticker… it’s got worse since they day it got implemented.

Sky News on WIN as seen via Sunshine Coast.

Looking g…o…*o…d!

The launch started OK but has deteriorated since. Sound present. This is on all types of tuners and after re-tunes. Bit rate for channel is 1.1 Mbps

Earlier

11 Likes

I wonder how Sky News on WIN will affect Sky News viewer numbers via Foxtel subscriptions?

1 Like

Who’s got a Foxtel subscription just for Sky? Its audience is an accident of people getting lost from the sport channels.

2 Likes

Picture quality is Fine from Wollongong, about the same quality as the other WIN supplementary channels.

It was a 6am start across the country.

Moreso with the fact that the main Sky News has recently had advertisers boycott it over the content of some of their shows.

I wonder if these ads all just freebies with main channel ads, or are they buying specific SNOW ad time, or at least opting in to being on SNOW.

I personally don’t agree with the notion that advertising during a program is endorsement of content, but lots don’t seem to see it that way.

I suppose the benefit will be so few people actually watching this that people wouldn’t notice in the first place.

Still in MPEG4 I assume? So much for that ‘no new equipment’ line that they were running on their stories about it on WIN News.

1 Like

I wonder if WIN will try and simulcast Credlin and Bolt Report between 6pm and 8pm weeknights.

The promos have said that they will be on air in primetime.

He was referring to WIN’s main channel…

1 Like

Regional viewers expecting to see some real news must be baffled by this new “news” service considering all that has been dished up today is sports talk under the Fox Sports News banner. News Corp really needs to consider bringing these services under a common name because the branding on this channel is ridiculous- Sky News, Fox News Australia and the WIN brands plastered all over the screen at once.

6 Likes