Show Me The Movie!

Some set images in the latest promo

3 Likes

So Rove won’t be seated? He’ll just wander around aimlessly?

It looks like Family Feud

4 Likes

He’s short enough it looks like he’s seated anyway

New promo includes

2 Likes

Rove, Jane And Joel’s Blockbuster Premiere.

Show Me The Movie! Tonight At 7.30pm.

Grab a choc top, pop the corn and settle in for a guaranteed five-star night of movies and comedy. The brand new studio-based series, Show Me The Movie!, premieres tonight at 7.30pm, only on TEN and WIN Network.

Hosted by triple TV Week Gold Logie award-winning presenter and movie tragic Rove McManus, Show Me The Movie! features two competing teams captained by acclaimed actor Jane Harber and comedy star Joel Creasey.

Each week, Rove, Jane and Joel will be joined by a stellar cast of different actors, comedians and visiting international stars, who will do battle in a series of funny, irreverent and always entertaining rounds.

Tonight will see Rove put Scott Eastwood’s cinema knowledge to the test alongside an interview about his new film, Pacific Rim Uprising.

On Jane’s team are Strictly Ballroom’s Paul Mercurio and comedian Tegan Higginbotham.

And Joel’s team will be rounded out by funny man Frank Woodley and reporter to the stars Angela Bishop.

Lisa Wilkinson will probably appear in a future episode, I guess.

Angela Bishop is Network Ten’s Entertainment Editor.

I know that.

Almost set up to fail against the AFL season opener and NRL granfinal rematch.

Ten haven’t started the year well at all.

At least Ten are trying something new. Better than another Jamie Oliver cooking show.

12 Likes

The show seems designed for movie buffs so I can see why Angela is there. Is Lisa a movie buff as well?

Ten have splurged on radio advertising for Show Me The Movie this morning!! Multiple ads heard across morning including sponsored or traffic reports. Very rare to hear promos for Ten shows on the :radio:

(terrible ad though - no audio content from show).

Agree, and putting it on a night without too much competition will give it a fighting chance

They were pushing the Sunday Project on WSFM.

I somehow think this might have done better as a Sunday show after The Bachelor In Paradise. Launch it at 9pm and keep it there rather than pushing it into the busy 7:30pm space.

1 Like
1 Like

Anyone watching/watched this tonight? Thoughts?

I watched for ten minutes. It was a snoozefest. They did a segment with continuity mistakes in movies. I swear I’d seen all of them on Hey Hey a couple of decades ago.

5 Likes

As with most Australian panel shows these days, it feels like just a mess of yelling and forced comedy. Really wanted to like it, just feels like Cram take 2 unfortunately.

1 Like

Chrissie Swan read the live ad on her Nova 100 breakfast this morning while Rove was on Fox’s Fifi, Fev and Byron at the same time.