Show Me The Movie!

Promo shown during Gogglebox tonight. The threesome seem to have some chemistry together which is important for the show. It says it’s from the makers of Spicks and Specks.

Starts 7.30pm Thursday March 22.

Tough debut against the AFL season opener and Thursday night NRL.

1 Like

But they need to provide an alternative to sport.

4 Likes

Wow, a much quicker turnaround than I was expecting to get this to air. Though I’m kind of confused about the scheduling decision, I would’ve assumed Bachelor In Paradise would be airing on Thursday nights and still be doing by that point.

I’m kind of glad they went to the effort to do promos which weren’t centered around the panel aspect of this show. I’m not much of a movie person myself but it actually looks alright

1 Like

I read that Batch in Para was going to be multi-nights rather than just Wed/Thu; probably because it is replacing Biggest Loser.

Maybe Sundays, Mondays and Wednesdays seeing that Bondi Rescue will be on Tuesdays.

1 Like

Great promo. Good work. Thursdays i rekon will work well :+1:

Looks like just Sunday and Mondays since Graham Norton is moving to Wednesday nights.

At Tens studios?

Yes.

Really? Whats going in its place on Friday?

:man_shrugging: They only announced an episode will be on Wednesday night.

They could actually be doing Wednesdays and Fridays so they can catch up to current episodes. I think they did that last year.

1 Like

Wow! Based solely on that promo, the show looks good!

For anyone interested, Joel Creasey has posted a little bit of a teaser of the set on his Instagram story.

The title is atrocious.

2 Likes

The ads don’t do it any favours either.

It was funny the first couple of times but running the same promo 50 million times just becomes grating.

4 Likes

One Week To Go

Show Me The Movie! Premieres Thursday 22 March At 7.30pm.

It has been nearly a decade since Rove McManus was a regular on Australian television screens. But in just one week, Rove will return to what he loves when the brand new studio-based series, Show Me The Movie!, premieres on Thursday, 22 March at 7.30pm, only on TEN and WIN Network.

Hosted by the triple TV Week Gold Logie award-winning presenter and movie tragic, Show Me The Movie! features two competing teams captained by acclaimed actor Jane Harber and comedy star Joel Creasey.

Each week, Rove, Jane and Joel will be joined by a stellar cast of different actors, comedians and visiting international stars, who will do battle in a series of funny, irreverent and always entertaining rounds.

Grab a choc top, pop the corn and settle in for a guaranteed five-star night of movies and comedy.

3 Likes

True, not everybody wants to watch AFL on Seven or NRL on Nine, at least has a Nice Alternative with Gogglebox On after that.