Show Me The Movie!

I know this has no real indication when it comes to rating performance, but initial feedback from audiences on Twitter has been more positive than not from what I saw.

I only watched a bit as I was out the door but I didn’t mind it. It felt a little forced but until I see more, I am going to put that to first epiosde kinks that can be worked out.

Yes found it forced but I enjoyed the trivia. It was quite a fun show. No harm with this and I knew most of the movies so could play along. That is all one can ask for

Just finished watching it. Way too slow in some of the segments, too much shouting, Joel Creasey is very annoying, Jane Harber was practically invisible, Rove did his usual pretend ‘I’m thinking what to say next’ too many times - just get on with it, and what was the point of showing a one minute interview that told us nothing?, Paul Mecurio was wasted as a panelist … but thankfully Frank Woodley was hilariously funny as always.

The put the heads of movie stars in order was a rip off of other shows, as was pick the error. No one seemed to understand the ‘charades’ type game except Frank Woodley, and that was also a rip off.

Forget inviting guests like Angela Bishop who know about movies, get comedians like Frank Woodley and the show might be watchable. Right now it is a mess, not to the same tortuous level as Randling, Think Tank and the last series of Spicks and Specks but it will get down there if it doesn’t improve, quickly. Rove is better than this.

2 Likes

I didn’t get to see it yet but where there any roleplay/recreations/skits of famous movie scenes with Rove, Jane & Joel, like the promo alluded to or no?

There was like a Charade type thing where the team had to guess the movie.

1 Like

Reasonably well cast but what a horrible set and lighting.

The Audience should be close, similar to that of Good News Week etc, with steep bleachers, they make the atmosphere, especially with Rove’s style of commentary.

The stools and desks look so cheap. Hopefully they can make some changes quick.

1 Like

Yeah and get Colin Lane back so we can have ‘Lano and Woodley’ again. I’d watch those two host rather than Rove.

1 Like

Being a big fan of “Spicks and Specks” I was wanting to like this show but IMO it was a mess! And NO, no Lano and Woodley please, two very egotistical unfunny people. Surely Rove (and the makers of “Spicks and Specks”) can do better than this? Not a fan of CRAM and this was worse!

1 Like

There is a Sound of Music special this Thursday

An actor from the film and maybe two questions about it.

Just catching up on this episode now. What’s up with Rove and Jane always saying “Nicholas Hammond from Sound of Music” every time he did anything? It seemed so desperate. Great that Nicholas called Rove out on it at one point.

The show is a big improvement on CRAM but that isn’t saying much. It needs a bigger variety of games as each episode is beginning to feel very same same.

1 Like

It’s called a running gag. :wink:

It’s called a rebuttal. :wink:

Aren’t those meant to be funny?

Indeed.

Natalie Bassingthwaighte and Eddy Perfect on the show next week, according to Joel’s Instagram story yesterday.

1 Like

I assume shows like this can be renewed because it is cheap to make despite the ratings?

Ten wants the show to grow like Have You Been Paying Attention?

It isn’t actually that bad of a show - it’s a much better format than CRAM that’s for sure.

Long term it would be good if they could update the set stylings to feel more cosy like an old cinema. It all feels a bit generic at the moment.

1 Like