Shortwave. HF Radio. High Frequency

World China International (English) on 17730khz is coming in very clear to Melbourne.

I know this might be a dumb question, but how do you know which frequency World China International broadcasts on? Is there a website which lists all of the frequencies that stations around the world broadcast on?

The reason why I ask is because Iā€™ve been wanting to try and identify the signals I received in this video, but I havenā€™t really been able to find any information about it.

1 Like

I would recommend you join this group for frequently updated SW broadcast transmission schedules.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Iā€™ll check it out.

Mate, This site is your best friend :slight_smile: https://www.short-wave.info/index.php

Just type the frequency in and it will tell you what is broadcasting on it at what time.

If you remove the BBC prefix up the top and click any station then go it will show you all the stations you can receive currently! Hope that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wasnā€™t even aware of that siteā€™s existence, to be honest. Thanks for sharing the link to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No Probs, It seems to be the best one out there.

The only thing that I am picking up atm is Radio New Zealand International on 9765khz, Have you found anything decent?

1 Like

I can only listen to short-wave radio through my car stereo unfortunately, so I havenā€™t had a proper listen to short-wave radio in quite a while now. I might try and get around to recording a bandscan in the next few days (thatā€™s if I remember to do it :stuck_out_tongue: ).

1 Like

Iā€™ve found BBC World Service on 9900khz Via Singapore!

This is Low Wave.

What is the carrier around 297kHz in Brisbane for? ACMA has no record of it.

Delving about the LW band today to find the Amberley NOTAM for a friend doing a pilot study.

Possibly this on 294

https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/assignment_search.lookup?pEFL_ID=1038975

1 Like

Thatā€™ll be it, centre freq is around 294/5.

Thanks! Unsure how I missed it, only AMSA freq showing when I searched was Benaraby near Gladstone.

1 Like

I can receive Radio Saudi International pretty strong here in Melbourne at the moment on 15285khz. Update: Iā€™ve also found Radio Kuwait on 15515khz.

Picking up all these goodies today:

15285khz Radio Saudi International (Swahili)
15515khz Radio Kuwait
17730khz China Radio International (English)
11640khz Radio Taiwan International
15340khz Radio Free Asia (Chinese)
15430khz China Radio International (English)
17490khz China Radio International (English)
9930khz Lester Sumrall Teachings (English)
7505khz WRNO Grace for today (English)
6030khz Radio ICDI (French)
7255khz Voice of Nigeria (English)
5055khz Radio 4KZ (English)

Hopefully others here can receive all these.

1 Like

What time of day/night was that received?

Around 3:00pm today. I usually receive it late afternoon.

1 Like

For 5055 from Innisfail, excellent reception from Melb youā€™re in right?

1 Like

Yes Melb, It wasnā€™t the best reception but listenable nonetheless.

1 Like

Receiving Radio 4KZ Into Melbourne again this evening on 5055khz.

1 Like