Shaun Micallef’s Mad as Hell

It was nice to see Andrew Denton make a cameo at the end, “interviewing” the Bunnings Workers for their ads

3 Likes

Great to see not only Roz back again but a guest appearance by Robyn Butler and Wayne Hope.

3 Likes

Watched a whole episode over dinner tonight (because there was nothing else on other channels) and it was brilliant. The social media presence near the start of the episode was so funny.

Only two more episodes to go!

Second week in a row they’ve sunk the boot into Coles. So thoroughly deserved.

2 Likes

Great to see Casper Jonquil back (oh, it’s got nothing to do with me!).
I enjoyed their ripping apart of the Enid Swink/Curiosity Cul-De-Sac sketch.

2 Likes
1 Like

This afternoon at the same time with and without glasses - seems to have a preference for dark studios.

2 Likes

Good penultimate episode tonight. Next week is the big finale.

3 Likes

1 Like
1 Like

And that’s that. I am mad as hell that the show is now finished :frowning:

The show finished with a song and dance with the cast, a bow to the audience from the cast, and Micallef’s true identity was revealed…

7 Likes

Certainly went out on a high tonight.

Thank u for making us laugh Shaun, Francis, Tosh, Stephen, Emily, and Christie.
Not forgetting Roz, Veronica, Nicholas, Molly, Ming-Zhu, and Michelle.

3 Likes

Pity it’s only a 30 minutes show. Could have done with some extra time to include some more of their iconic characters.

3 Likes

I agree. They could have aired a little longer than usual tonight to send off more of their characters, and see the casts final bow for more than the two seconds they showed. But still a good final.

The show will be missed.

3 Likes

Could it have worked with the same cast but another comedian as host? Mark Humphries, for example.

It was a great finale.

Even though I added two minutes to my PVR recording, the slightly late start meant I missed the last song and dance and the final bow. Now I have to wait for the replay on ABC TV Plus tomorrow.

And I just found out that Matthew Sigley (son of the late Ernie Sigley) was an audio director on the show.

2 Likes

Micallef and Gary McCaffrie write most of it so it would be a different show

2 Likes

I’d love to see Mark do his own satire show. Or as I’ve said a thousand times, bring back The Roast

It’s on iView.

3 Likes

After filming concluded Micallef thanked ABC, ITV Studios, cast and crew, including writers Gary McCaffrie, Michael Ward and long-time floor manager Darrin Oakley.

Post-show celebrations included rare video messages from PM Anthony Albanese, Michael McCormack, Bill Shorten, Jacqui Lambie -some trying on zingers of their own- plus Ita Buttrose, Andrew Denton, Wil Anderson, Michael Rowland, Lisa Millar, Leigh Sales and Sarah Ferguson.

A “lost” sketch from 2012.

YouTube: madashellabctv