Shaun Micallef’s Mad as Hell

Yeah it was funny. I was trying to figure out how they did that as it looked so realistic.

Is it me or are less people watching this year?

1 Like

Ratings do appear to be lower than previous year - for some oddly reason.

The jokes on the show have been superb, like always.

3 Likes

It’s still very early on in the year with good weather. The second season later this year should hopefully pick up.

This made me laugh:

3 Likes

This year has been a bit patchy, one or two particularly good eps, some others either on par or less. Perhaps unavoidable with how long it has now been running for. Can’t last forever.

1 Like

How much longer can Shaun stay mad for?

1 Like

I thought he wasn’t the mad one it was all the characters.

I still find the show funny but it is becoming a bit repetitive with some of it.

The Plain Speakin’ segment last night took the piss out of Michaelia Cash ‘marching’ towards majestic army music. Had me in stitches :rofl:

5 Likes

They’ve used that a few times in the past couple of years, it is an ongoing joke.

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Season 15

From Wednesday 20 July 8.40pm

Host Shaun Micallef is joined once again by the Mad As Hell team including; Francis Greenslade, Emily Taheny, Christie Whelan Browne, Tosh Greenslade and Stephen Hall.

Production credit: Produced by ITV Studios Australia and Giant Baby in association with ABC TV. Executive Producers: Peter Beck and Shaun Micallef. ABC Executive Producer: Tarni James.

In the first episode:

The Mad as Hell team leave their planet to escape a collision with a comet and find a ship full of frozen convicts.

https://twitter.com/shaunmicallef/status/1540957211962527744?s=20&t=G3Jg2HLrm6Q57-uAs6B7jA

5 Likes
1 Like

Update from Shaun - slight spoiler

Sure, the last 9 years have been fun and we’ve had a bit of a laugh at the government’s expense – but this season we thought we’d change things around a little and devote each show to supporting the government.

Let’s praise them for their work ethic and ideals and… well, is ‘brilliant stewardship of our society’ too sweeping a statement?

Mad as Hell thinks not.

And it’s not just because Labor is now in power. We would have had this approach regardless of politics of our elected officials.

Providing, of course, they gave the ABC more money and fixed the budget for five years as wonderful Labor have done.

May God bless the body politic under their aegis! Huzzuh!

Obviously, when Labor fall short of their objectives and prove themselves hopeless and ineffective – as they surely will within a couple of weeks – then we will pillory them with our traditional undergraduate sneering. But until then, let us rejoice!

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Ep 3 synopsis

A spaceship requests medical help for their computer and Francis Greenslade has to perform brain surgery on it.

3 Likes
1 Like

All good things sadly must come to an end… :frowning:

Why is the ABC refusing to confirm or deny if the news has been delivered internally?

I am very reliably told this is correct.

Wonder if 10 or one of the other commercials will try to pick this up?