Shaun Micallef’s Mad as Hell

Prime Minister Smirky. :laughing:

4 Likes

Assuming it’s ABC policy as other shows (WILTY) etc film with them.

Yeah seems so. The only other show that has no audience is DWTS but that was filmed last year. All the current studio shows on the commercials have an audience one way or another.

1 Like

Hope that wasn’t the new theme song and was a one off. Also one of the cast did a sketch via Zoom ? Are they isolating? They were just on a sketch . The guy whose name I forget. The one who said he sold red tape.

Wasn’t that the joke? A cross to a busines owner complaining about the government reducing red tape. News programmes have been using guests on webcams for years now.

1 Like

Loved the nod to the old Q&A promos with the background music at the very start of the episode

Yep

There was literally a whole bit about how it was a one off, due to the cost of music rights.

2 Likes

Is it still the same cast?

1 Like

2 Likes

Who played Mr X ?

2 Likes

I love the way Shaun tries to keep a straight face when he is interviewing the comedians in their various guises and how they must be doing their best to crack him up.

He did lose it at the end of one of the skits in last night’s episode but they left it in. He was also really struggling in last week’s episode when Christie Whelan Browne was a drag queen. I’d love to see the bloopers and out takes from this show.

8 Likes

Mad as Hell trended at one stage on Twitter in Australia tonight, as many people tuned into the encore of this week’s episode on ABC TV Plus to find out where the cut was made.
Apparently the following segment was cut from the original broadcast in light of a fatal shark attack in Sydney yesterday afternoon.

UPDATE 18/2: an ABC spokesperson told TV Tonight: “We removed an animation that was explaining superannuation which referenced a shark attack. It was removed in deference to the family of the victim in NSW."

1 Like

Is this the first time that they had to cut a segment from the show?

Live studio audience back tonight.

Update

5 Likes

Looks about half the normal audience size

Thank goodness the audience is back. The vibe was instantly better with the audience.

2 Likes

Time to check in on the series synopses - the show seems to be turning into a bit of a soap opera!!

Episode 4

Monica catches Rachel waiting seductively in her bedroom for Ross; to cover, Rachel tells Monica she’s seeing a guy from work. Ross gets jealous and murders him.

Episode 5

Chandler and Monica, tired of sneaking around, each make up an excuse to leave town and then go away for a weekend together but then both forget to turn up.

Episode 6

Joey continues to keep Monica and Chandler’s secret, although he’s not too happy about keeping quiet. So angry is he, he turns into the Hulk.

Episode 7

Emily’s cousin kicks Ross out of the apartment they were supposed to live in, so he moves into Chandler and Joey’s car.

Episode 8

After Thanksgiving dinner at Monica’s, the gang tell stories about their worst Thanksgivings ever. It turns out to be the same story, so we hear it several times.

Episode 9

Joey lets himself look bad in order to explain away various discoveries that could expose Monica’s and Chandler’s relationship. Eventually he is arrested and taken to Rikers Island pending trial.

2 Likes

I put out a tweet on Wednesday saying that given Ukraine’s inspirational President Zelensky used to be a comedian, which of our current comedians would you choose to lead Australia in a crisis? There were a thousand responses, and you were the hands-down winner!

1 Like

Caught up on the past 2 -3 weeks of episodes.

Saw a man have explosive diarrhoea and 2 women as English backpackers flashing their bras at Shaun lol. The previous episode he was peeing in the sink lol . Yes I know it wasn’t real but wasn’t expecting that … though there was an episode last year or the year before with a naked man on stage I think.

1 Like

That’s Barnaby Joyce’s mate from the pub, Mick Nobone. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like