Cricket

Fox are reporting that Shane Warne has passed away.

I’m in shock really, hard to believe this has actually happened.

3 Likes

I cannot believe it at all. International cricket sites are reporting this too.

5 Likes

Also reported on Sky News UK. 2022 sure has been brutal and we only in March :confused:

3 Likes

This was so sad, it was literally like the moment I found out Steve Irwin died. :cry: :sob:

2 Likes

I am shocked.

1 Like

I can’t believe it, it’s shocking. First Rod Marsh and now Shane Warne.

3 Likes

wow… I cant believe it. Dean Jones as well fairly recently. Very sad. A couple of my sporting heros just gone like that.

4 Likes

Terrible news. Just terrible especially for Australian cricket, losing two legends in less than a day. RIP Warnie.

3 Likes

Terrible news. Really terrible.

3 Likes

I tuned into ABC NewsRadio when I woke up this morning and the first thing I heard was Jim Maxwell talking about the life and career of Shane Warne. I felt something was not right. Then I listened to 3AW news at 9am and heard that Warne had died from a heart attack while holidaying in Thailand.
(I went to bed very late at 1.30am so the news of Warne’s death must have come soon after that)
Really terrible news. Rod Marsh and Shane Warne, two absolute legends of Australian cricket, dead within the same day.

4 Likes

Victorian sports minister Martin Pakula has announced the Great Southern Stand at the MCG will be renamed the S.K. Warne Stand as soon as possible.

6 Likes

A brilliant tribute to an icon of the game

3 Likes

I am shocked, actually. This was one I was not expecting. Iconic to the game of Cricket. Such a young age. Thoughts are with his family on their loss.

6 Likes

I couldn’t believe this when I woke up to this this morning.

3 Likes

Last night, while I was on the YouTube app, I couldn’t believe this shocking news that have happened. Shane Warne has passed away aged 52.
I remembered watching the 2006-07 Ashes Series where Shane Warne took his 700th Test wicket when he dismissed Alastair Cook at the MCG. This was an iconic moment. Shane Warne finished his International career with 708 Test Wickets. Shane Warne has a great larrikin sense of humour and had a good pride in the Game. The Cricketing community will never be the same. Goodbye Shane Warne, and May he Rest in Peace.

2 Likes

The 1st Test between Pakistan and Australia in Rawalpindi has ended in a predictable draw.

In a high scoring affair, Australia struggled with the ball, taking only 4 for 728 across the 2 innings,

Pakistan’s batters posted 4 centuries to Australia’s 0.

I wonder if the Shane Warne event had an notable impact on Australia’s performance?

2 Likes

Pakistan were a bit silly to not at least try and bowl australia out in the last innings.

1 Like

I find it funny that Seven’s cricket Twitter account used a generic photo of a four-lane highway to describe the pitch at Rawalpindi

4 Likes

I did wonder if Pakistan would declare at tea and try to bowl Australia out in the last session, but given how flat the pitch was, they knew that was never going to happen.

They were probably hoping to wear out the Australian bowlers a bit more and try to use that advantage for the next Test.

1 Like

I think we are so use to having results in test cricket people forget there were a lot more draws in the old days (besides test matches that multiple days washed out). I think the Warne event may have impacted things a bit, but i think Pakistan didn’t want to lose so they didn’t want to take risks. I enjoyed watching Marcus Labuschagne having a go bowling his leggies.

3 Likes