Shane Warne Dead at 52 - Coverage Discussion

Looks like they are copying and pasting the EPG data.

1 Like

Later

Sport

3 Likes

Seven Melbourne from the MCG tonight.

10 News extended in Sydney and Melbourne.

9 Likes

I think GTV could have gone with a more less severe headline there.

3 Likes

This is really giving me Ukraine flag vibes

:camera_flash: @TV.Cynic

5 Likes

Chris Barrett from the Sydney Morning Herald filed a report for Nine tonight from Koh Samui.

4 Likes

Fox Cricket’s special was good - especially given they’d have had to pull it together fairly rapidly this morning (although given the timing, there have been a number of the team around for the test coverage)

4 Likes

The ACA special is slabs of the Amazon special.

1 Like

EPG Update
Monday 7 March: Shane Warne:The Interview
ABC 8.07pm-8.32pm

Shane Warne has died of a suspected heart attack in Thailand,aged 52.We revisit his 2018 interview with 7.30’s Leigh Sales,where Shane opened up about his incredible life on and off the cricket pitch.

1 Like

Nine coverage most via Melbourn but with minor tweaks for Sydney and Brisbane all showing the same packages and similar crosses. plus ACA

2 Likes

Special one hour edition of Offsiders on ABC tomorrow morning.

IMG_20220305_195539

1 Like

Seven News. Melbourne had the most coverage especially at the start of the bulletin. Brisbane had the least with some of the reports during the sport segment.

1 Like

I did wonder if a FTA network would try and secure the FTA rights

2 Likes

It was just highlights but it was pretty good.

1 Like

Offsiders on ABC extended to 1 hour today to pay tribute to Warne.

3 Likes

Something I never thought I’d hear: Chants of “Warnie” at the football.

Great touch.

5 Likes

Offer of state funeral “offered by Victorian and Commonwealth Governments” accepted by family.

Coverage continues as lead story across the day.

3 Likes

The Australian’s Media section has an article on how the media covered Shane Warne’s death on Saturday.

While News Corp’s city-based metro papers in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide managed to get hundreds of thousands of printed copies with the Warne news onto the streets on Saturday morning, The Australian chose to publish a special digital replica front page of The Weekend Australian.

Data compiled for The Australian by media research company Streem shows the news of Warne’s death attracted extraordinary interest from readers of websites of all major news sites in Australia, with articles relating to the ex-cricketer on Saturday more than doubling the combined online traffic of the stories about the conflict in Ukraine and the devastating floods in NSW and Queensland.

I hate the way (some) media grab at anything they can find to create a story. This morning there was an interview with a woman booked to give him a pedicure and now there’s cctv footage of two women arriving to give him a massage. Enough already.

1 Like

Wednesday 30 March has been mentioned this morning as a possible date for the state funeral.

1 Like