Seven v Nine News Ratings Comparisons

But a good result on one day was not enough to see Seven News Melbourne’s ratings last week lower than the week before as indicated by the red in the table.

1 Like

###Week 39 - Preliminary

Colours indicate change from previous week - green is increase or no change, red is a decrease.

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

9 News Perth up by an average of 600 over the previous week!

Otherwise school hols in a couple of states leading to lots of red.

3 Likes

Quite the sea of red this week. I wonder why every bulletin in Sydney was down this week, I thought that the school holidays here in NSW didn’t start until next week?

Anyway, I’m sure that both networks will be hoping that AFL/NRL Grand Final fever (especially if it manages to become a “Sydney vs Melbourne” affair in one or both games) will give the news ratings an increase next week!

2 Likes

Are the Brisbane figures correct? They seem different to TVT which gives 9 an overall win… If I’m reading it correctly.

I am standing by my numbers at the moment. I think that Seven made a coding error and coded Seven News Saturday as a Mon-Fri bulletin. Happy to adjust if proven wrong though :slight_smile: Perhaps some more info will come to hand.

1 Like

I believe Nine’s news set in Sydney hasn’t been changed since… Forever.

###Week 40 - Final

Colours indicate change from previous week - green is increase or no change, red is a decrease.

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

Despite Adelaide news bulletins recording 0 or 1,000 on Wednesday, the ratings for Thursday were approx double the usual result so there was little affect on the weekly average - at 6pm Seven News was down just 3,000 and Nine News actually was up 9,000 on the previous week.

Elsewhere a rare win for Seven in Melbourne and Nine in Brisbane closing in on a win for the year (19 weeks won at 6pm)

5 Likes

###Week 41 - Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

Nine News Brisbane now with 21 weeks won at 6pm. Elsewhere, mostly red with a couple of green spots representing some very small increases from the previous week.

1 Like

The start of Daylight Saving and warmer weather definitely made an impact on those Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide ratings.

Very close between Seven News & Nine News in Melbourne & Sydney.

Red continues for Nine News, well below 1m or 900k some nights, which is worrying.

It’s red for Seven News as well

1 Like

Looks like 7Brisbane’s chance of passing 9 is slipping away with 9 winning the last couple.

###Week 42 - Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

First week since March that both bulletins have been below 1 million. ABC News and Nine News national plus Nine Sydney numbers are lowest for 2016 so far.

1 Like

Looks like 9 will win Brisbane.

###Week 43 - Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

Seven News wins in Sydney; Nine Brisbane hits 20 weeks won (so can’t be beaten) and nationally Nine News hits another low.

2 Likes

Great win by Seven News in Sydney :slight_smile:

Well done to Nine News in Brisbane, which was very close this year.

Notable for being the first non-Olympics win for Seven News Sydney this year, yes.

A great win? I’m not so sure about that, especially with a very slim leading margin of less than 5k.

2 Likes

Nine News have got serious systemic problams at the moment…

When Nine News dominated Sydney for so long, any weekly win by Seven News will be described as great.

1 Like

Yeah shame Seven Brisbane couldn’t maintain their momentum. They had such a strong winning streak then over the past few weeks it’s been alternating wins between 9 and 7 each night. I still think the overall trend is with 7.

1 Like