Seven Tennis Coverage

Or it could be the fact it’s bloody 2am and everyone on staff wants to go to bed and realises the audience does too.

9 Likes

Only programming up until midnight counts towards primetime ratings share (6pm-12am). But the list of programs includes anything up until 2am.

1 Like

Yes I realise that, but on both occasions neither even went 1min over 2am.

Quick question TV.Cynic
Is that programs Scheduled to finish prior to 2am or actually finishing prior to it.
I’m just wondering if factors beyond the broadcasters control (sport over-runing expected times) might change the 2am rule.

1 Like

Pretty sure it is the latter. The software in the OzTAM household’s ratings box has to have a cut off time to close out the day and forward the info for collation.

3 Likes

I like how the camera films the two players at the start of a match before they walk out on to Rod Laver Arene and you are able to see the names of all past champions on the corridor walls.I have no issues with any of the present commentators but any former player has a better knowledge of the game

1 Like

John Fitzgerald doing courtside commentary (instead of Roger Rasheed who did this arvo, despite doing both yesterday) tonight for the first time I believe this tournament.

3 Likes

Alarm just went off at RLA, it was a false alarm.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/7tennis/status/955987536089792512

2 Likes

Was hillarious, happened right before first serve

Great to see that the Hawaiian official has found new work at Rod Laver Arena so quickly after his efforts last week.

12 Likes

Good need just a false alarm, concerning however given the reaction reactions of patrons and staff. Having been at RLA many years ago when there was a small but smokey fire in a concession I’d be outta there in a flash if the alarm sounded.

1 Like

Todd Woodbridge, Jim Courier And Hewitt are calling the Federer v Berdych game.
It looks strange why Hewitt wore his suit when calling the match.

3 Likes

Lleyton Hewitt is a great commentator,so is Jim Courier. Sam Smith does a great job commenting on the women’s matches also

3 Likes

Agree. All three are excellent.

2 Likes

Who is the flog in control of the timing of ad breaks. I can’t remember the last time so many first and sometime second points in games have been missed. It’s so amateurish.

5 Likes

I’d say network policy (after change of ends, end of sets, etc).

Rather than a “flog” just requesting ads whenever he/she pleases.

Production control at Melbourne Park signal to Seven’s servers / broadcast scripts at BCM when to play the ad breaks?

1 Like

What’s your fascination with the wardrobe departments of the various network OBs?

1 Like

Would it be better for him to get in the booth in sweaty tennis gear (which was probably the other gear he had at the venue) given he’d just been playing a losing doubles QF?

4 Likes

Jelena Dockic is commentating on the Seven Tennis App.if you want different commentary to what’s on the main broadcast,watch on the app,I have a few times

1 Like