Seven Tennis Coverage

Thoughts on Rennae Stubbs?

I find she talks way too much, acts like a know it all and interrupts Sam Smith (IMO).

1 Like

I reckon Stubbs is great. Actually gives insight into the matches rather than pointless cliches.

2 Likes

I didnt realise the Channel Nine Cricket commentators were moonlighting on Seven during the breaks in the One Day series!

2 Likes

I prefer Sam Smith and Alicia Molik.

I did like Kerryn Pratt for many, many years. But she’s since vanished from Seven.

1 Like

She provides a lot of insight but she’s extremely dominate and tends to be highly critical of Australian players.

1 Like

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/sports/mans-passing-interest-tennis-rests-shoulders-nick-kyrgios-tonight/

This sums it up… :joy:

We got through this annual fascination with tennis when most people who watch just watch for no reason. They aren’t fans and do not follow the game at all. Others just watch because it’s on some reason. Not sure why that would be a reason but clearly to some it is.

2 Likes

Given the patchy record of Aussie players under pressure in recent years, it’s usually well deserved.

2 Likes

Maybe the people watching on TV but I am working at the Australian Open and there are many people from all over the world who have come here that are true tennis fans. The reason the Australian Open is watched more than other tournaments because it receives more promotion and is shown on the main channel. Wimbledon is the only slam which is shown on free to air and is in a good time zone for us and that rates pretty well too when the Aussies are doing well.

5 Likes

7mate should have still been used today and tomorrow^ - there’s singles matches still scheduled for MCA & Hisense Arena that could/should be aired

^ Probably would use 7Two since 7mate will have NFL AFC & NFC Championship game commitments

1 Like

The scoreboard now has the seeding number next to the player’s name:

And the graphics after every odd game:

2 Likes

7Tennis app is fantastic, but has some bizarre feeds.

Like this: “Spidercam” :roll_eyes:

Noticed this a few days ago? Are you positive it hasn’t been the whole week?

It has actually been really spasmodic. Some matches have had the seeding but many haven’t.

1 Like

Or sporadic?

No.

1 Like

Davis Cup

Friday 2 February at 1.00pm AEDT - Day 1

Australia host Germany at Pat Rafter Arena in this World Group first round tie, as the home team aims to get off to another good start having reached the semi finals in two of the last three years.

Switching to 7Two at 5pm

Continues 2pm on Saturday.

3 Likes

side view of the tennis court

Press conference but no tennis player sitting around desk

1 Like

Seven Sport’s long-running Megawall is a joke.

Who gives a shit about seeing ‘hawkeye’ or ‘tournament control’ or ‘press room’ or ‘commentary bunker’ etc (99% of the time all are blank or empty) :unamused:

AO is the only time it makes sense and is useful.

2 Likes

They use it so that more people will download the 7Tennis app as they advertise the app most times when the Megawall appears.

Those bunker and Hawkeye screens are presumably there as fillers when there isn’t much action on other courts.

2 Likes

Tonight’s telecast concluded at 1:59am AEDT, only the second match during this year’s Aus Open to do so, due to Djokovic going late and this women’s match also long.

@TV.Cynic Isn’t there some stipulation with OzTam, that requires codings (for a day) to be done by 2am? Otherwise the program won’t count? Might explain the rushed endings.