Seven Tennis Coverage

But no HD tomorrow in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth for some dumbarse reason

Now let’s compare 9 had the rights before digital tv. They didn’t have the ability to show it on a range of different channels like they do now. If it rated well 7 wouldn’t have it on 7 two but on the main channel from 8:30. On its main channel it’s no earlier than when Nine had the rights.

2 Likes

is it because there is no play tomorrow.

No “Prime7” sport watermark, due to not being able to control the “Live & Free” component.

Again, backing-up what I was saying the other day.

NB/
Prime’s placement of the “7” is also not aligned accurately.

3 Likes

tomorrow as in yesterday. It was on 7TWO from 8:30pm to 4am, so not HD

Can any tennis fans (or others) help explain the scheduling of Wimbledon on Seven this year. Last night, for example it seems that all the coverage, even after midnight was on 7Two while the main channel features a repeat movie, Quantico which very few watched followed by Red Band Society Rpt then two hours of infomercials. Why wouldn’t the tennis be at least given main channel coverage at some point (Quantico should have stayed on 7Flix)? Tonight a repeat of Hotel Hell on the main channel sees Wimbledon start at 10:45 after a 10pm start on 7Two but it is at least on the main channel. Why the all the channel swapping a late starts?

1 Like

It’s bizarre. I havn’t watched a lot of Wimbledon this year but decided to last night and expected it to be on the main channel. Maybe they are trying to use it as some push to promote 7Two… I can’t think of any other reason.

Worth noting that 7Two had its lowest Monday audience share so far this survey last night.

I love tennis as much as the next person.

Have alwayd tried to watch Wimbledon.

But Seven are really putting my off this year with their coverage, disappointing.

Nothing to do with the Aussies.

How are ratings compared with previous years? It use to be astronomical on Nine!

Comparing ratings between 9 and 7 is hard. Ratings generally rise and dip based on the success of the Australians. In the early 2000s good ratings numbers came on the back of Rafter, Hewitt, Phillippoussis etc. likewise seven have done well when Kyrigios and Tomic have performed.

2 Likes

Seven have now added a second Ramsay’s Hotel Hell (Rpt) to tonight’s schedule pushing Wimbledon to 7Two for another hour and the start time on the main channel to 11:45pm.

1 Like

Freakin ridiculous. Thank god for Foxtel.

What irritates me more is that the Tennis is in SD because it’s on 7two

1 Like

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:394, topic:2288”]
pushing Wimbledon to 7Two for another hour and the start time on the main channel to 11:45pm.[/quote]

I guess they didn’t see Novak Djokovic as much of a drawcard.

They’ve cut their coverage short a few times. I think at about 3 am on Sunday there was no tennis on 7 or 7Two, and yesterday morning they did not show the Nadal upset.

They werent allowed to show the Djokovic match as Fox Sports had exclusive rights to show that match + the two womens QFs from Court 1. Same with the Nadal match. Once Seven picks what they think will be the best two matches to show exclusively on their network, Fox Sports can then choose three matches to show exclusively.

1 Like

Thanks. I wondered about that when I heard Adam Peacock explaining the contortions Fox Sports were doing on two channels to show their matches. Still, I thought Seven had first choice of two matches. If so you would think they’d pick Djokovic rather than the two women’s QFs when everyone was asleep. Since they didn’t, I assume they preferred Gordon Ramsay.

Djokovics match was originally supposed to be played on Monday night but because the Nadal match went for five hours before it Djokovic got moved to Tuesday. Therefore as Seven had already chosen to show Federer and Murrays matches on Monday night, Fox Sports retained the Djokovic match that they were supposed to show on Monday.

Use of megawall.

The men’s final will be live on 7 in Perth from 8.30 on Sunday night

One of the worst programming decisions I’ve seen!

Ch 7 in Sydney, Brisbane & Perth airing the 1998 Bruce Willis blockbuster “Armageddon” over the Wimbledon Ladies’ Final (until 12:15am) :pensive:

Melbourne & Adelaide get main channel treatment?

5 Likes