Seven Tennis Coverage

Is live on 7two no big drama Imo

MY TV said that they are replacing it with Border Security New Episodes. This is a typing error from 7HD Perth.

1 Like

I agree. The Women’s Final should have been on Seven in Sydney and Brisbane, instead of 7Two. It’s a Saturday night, where ratings post 9pm are quite small. Surely the late–night tennis would rate better than the 1998 film Armageddon.

4 Likes

Definitely

It’s also not being able to watch the final in HD that is poor.

3 Likes

What sort of garbage scheduling is this? I can’t watch the women’s final in HD?

1 Like

3 hrs of BS. I don’t think so I’m sure tennis is on from 8.30

Absolutely pathetic that the women’s final wasn’t shown from the beginning of play in HD in NSW and QLD. Different story with the men’s final tomorrow.

1 Like

LOL

Sydney & Brisbane got ~15min (if that) of play on the main channel :confused:

Bit of a back-lash on social media too, not having majority of coverage in HD.

Sounds like the makings of a News Ltd article Tennis fans upset at Seven Wimbledon coverage … fans were quick to express their dissatisfaction on social media … the usual.

1 Like

Channel 7 feed

YouTube Feed (No match streaming on the YouTube website)

1 Like

Both the women’s and men’s finals have been horrible this year.

1 Like

Just notice that the coverage on 7 tonight is actually about 3 Mins behind the actual coverage WTF

Probably too many ads.

That’s appalling from 7!

I notice shoudychen posted this comment on TV Tonight under the article for Sunday night ratings:

Given that the Wimbledon broadcasting deal expires at 7 this year, there needs to be a FTA channel to telecast the tennis event in 2018.

So I check the past articles and realise that Seven has been showing Wimbledon since 2011!
Has Seven done a better job covering Wimbledon than Nine and/or Fox Sports? Does Seven deserve a new deal from the All England Club or is it time to give it back to Nine? Remember Nine will cover the 2019 Ashes series from England and Wimbledon will clash with one of the Ashes tests.

1 Like

People really have short memories. Nines coverage was horrendous when they had, Seven have brought it in prime time and shown it live around the country. Yes it has its faults but if you’re thinking another FTA network will treat tennis better, then you’re kidding yourself

2 Likes

I’m thinking either 7,10,ABC,SBS.

SBS has the rights to show Tour de France until 2019 (IIRC) so it won’t be interested in covering Wimbledon. Not sure if the All England Club will want to give the rights to Ten since the network is in receivership and may not afford to pay for them.

1 Like

Talk about short memories. Nine had the rights before digital TV (Freeview) took hold, on top of that the sports right as per government law, stated it to be on the main channel.

Nine didn’t have the flexiability to show it on another channel, unlike 7 who have been able to get it on to 7two. Which still isn’t the main channel in prime time.

If anyone picks up the rights, 7, 9 or ten they will follow the norm of today, which is place it on the extra channels they have.

Just like 9 did with the ashes 2 years ago and showed them on GEM

The end of the day, the main channel is the profit driver and shows on that before Freeview or after will determine if tennis is shown on it before other channels. Again this year the main channel didn’t get tennis on it until 10:30 at the earliest most nights. Which was the same time Nine used to show the tennis too.

On top of that, I remind you of the Women’s final on Saturday night and was that shown on the main channel?

3 Likes