Seven Tennis Coverage

7 would have to be over the moon that djokovic and murray both out. zero chance of a dreaded murray/djokovic final which sends ratings plummeting. a lot of ratings friendly players remain with Federer, Nadal, Wawrinka & sexy Dimitrov.

1 Like

Both number 1 seeds from the menā€™s draw (Murray) and womenā€™s draw (Kerber) have been knocked out today.

3 Likes

The warning sign says that the tennis match has been finished. Taken off via 7Tennis channel.

1 Like

Hamish is on again. God, heā€™s bad. Last night his fawning and gushing over Federer was several hours of cringe. And, like Peter Donegan, he doesnā€™t realize that he doesnā€™t have to talk ALL the time. Just shut up, both of you, unless thereā€™s something worthwhile to say about the match being played.

1 Like

You donā€™t like Donegan?

Heā€™s certainly more of an experienced broadcaster.

I prefer Hamish in the hosting chair (but I realise him and Basil are filling-in for Bruce this year).

I can tell Jim Courier is missing him.

Talking about Jims, boy Jim Wilson loves himself way too much, shouts into the mic and acts as if thereā€™s a 5 set thriller happening upon the return from every break :expressionless:

I couldnā€™t stay up for the womenā€™s match last night,had to go to bed.The Federer vs Nishkuri match was exciting

1 Like

[quote=ā€œLukeMovieMan, post:226, topic:2288ā€]
You donā€™t like Donegan?[/quote]

Donegan is awful. Horrible. He keeps trying to be profound and just wonā€™t shut up.

Great post. They should watch the BBC coverage of Wimbledonā€¦ they hardly speak.

Hamish is the most diabolical sportscaster in the country. Just awful. And seven keep imposing him on their viewers. Is his performance ever reviewed? He is legit the most annoying fucker on tv.

2 Likes

Perth will get tennis on 7 from 7pm originally epg had night session on 7two this week :grinning:

I also notice there was additional live coverage on 7TWO this afternoon, it was not previously scheduled.

Would you prefer Basil Zempilas :wink:

I donā€™t mind either

1 Like

Basil is better than hamish.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve heard Hamish do AFL and he is awful. He is the worst caller on AFL games these days. Bruce, BT and even Luke Darcy do a better job.

Darce has become a flog.

When he was at Ch 10, he was great, gave all the expert opinion and analysis.

Now Ch 7 have him hosting/presenting everything left, right and centre!

1 Like

Fairfax reports The Australian Securities and Investment Commission is investigating Tennis Australiaā€™s decision to sell the 2015-2019 broadcasting rights to long-time partner Seven in 2013 without launching a competitive bidding process. The report says current and past directors of Tennis Australia have been served with notices to produce documents and answer questions about the negotiations and the boardā€™s decision-making process.

3 Likes

If everyone doesnā€™t mind, Iā€™d like to continue ranting about Hamish. Heā€™s not as bad as the other night, but thereā€™s still the rambling, the anecdotes, the little asides and all the ā€œItā€™s interesting thatā€¦ā€ between points. He even managed to get Aussie rules into the commentary of the current match. Just be quiet, Hamish.

4 Likes

Did anyone consider that maybe Hamish would prefer not to call matches, but didnā€™t have a choice this year?

No, because itā€™s not relevant. Heā€™s got the gig whether he likes it or not, so he should the best job possible. There are probably viewers who think he is.

It was so dodgy back then. I remember thinking it was so bizarre. Because at that point gen had a sports channel and were making big plays on bids which precipitated the take over by Murdoch to protect fox sports.

Then this deal was just announced. No tender. So bloody dodgy. Trust seven to be involved in this. Terrible network.