Seven Tennis Coverage

Has Seven tweaked its scoring graphics? Usually Seven hides the scores from the first two sets when a singles match reaches the third set, replacing it with sets won (white number in black background). But today it is showing all the set scores during play.

1 Like

You’ve just answered your own question.

2 Likes

Apologies.

I thought the headline / opening sentence, which was referring to threatening Seven’s coverage, was also therefore implying a threat to MKR, etc (as that’s what the media have always talked about).

(i.e.)
Key to its success.

Probably a good idea to actually link to the article so we know what you’re talking about.

(i.e.) http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/australian-open/the-australian-open-is-losing-one-very-important-battle/news-story/981e76584955b3699b5abd9556ab0162

3 Likes

My question is why Seven tweaked the graphics and when? Is it following Tennis Australia’s world feed which shows set scores during play?

The cricket would be scoring big wins in terms of profit for the network in terms of outlay plus advertising revenue. Would rather have the cricket content over the tennis.

Most of the tennis commentators have got to go. They’re pathetic. Sub par. Annoying voices and just plain shit in translating the excitement of some of the tennis.

Sounds like Kelli Underwood commentating on the online coverage. Never heard her do tennis before.

That would be a TA feed getting rebroadcast by Seven, so she is not Seven’s commentator.

Does anyone else miss Sandy Roberts at Seven?

•Olympics host/commentator
•Australian Open commentator/MC
•VFL/AFL commentator
•Melbourne Cup MC
•Seven News Melbourne sport presenter

As I don’t have Foxtel, what does he do at Fox Footy? Call or host?

NB/
I’m secretly hoping he’ll return one day :slight_smile:

1 Like

The tennis ratings have really tanked this year :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

Kelli has done it for a few years on ABC Radio Melbourne

1 Like

Last time I check sandy Roberts was in his late 60’s
You wouldn’t thick Sandy would return to 7 :joy:

1 Like

Basil Zempilas twittered early today that he was missing Bruce

1 Like

Sam Stosur always chokes when playing at home,out in the first round at Brisbane International then the APIA Sydney ,now at the Oz Open :confused:

1 Like

Hamish doing 2nd night in the commentary box - No Basil last two nights!!!

I thought Basil was in for Barty vs Barthel. Maybe I’m imagining things.

1 Like

Think he was on 72 last night.

1 Like

He was doing the games With Jim Courier up until last night
Them Hamish who had been hosting the early evening session took over

no long games tonight, so coverage finished at 11.50pm (AEDT time). Instead of dragging out the coverage to the scheduled 12.30am finish, there was a quick preview for tomorrow’s schedule, and that was it. The way all sporting events should be! Quick and to the point. The Real Seachange followed the coverage immediately.

There are now no male Australians left in the tournament, with Tomic losing tonight. There is only one Female left - Daria Gavrilova. Hope her match rates well.

3 Likes

These graphics are different to 7 feed.

1 Like