Seven Sport

Saturday 21 December 2019

11:00 and 4:30 PM

The Clubhouse

Join Andrew Daddo live from the Australian PGA Championship with experts Paul Gow, Alison Whitaker and Grant Dodd as they look beyond the tee shots and birdies to show you the game’s different side.

3 Likes

Wonder if all this is grooming him to return to Seven’w Olympics, Tokyo 2020 surely?

7plus will stream live all three days of Track Cycling World Cup event from Brisbane this weekend. Friday and Saturday finals start at 7pm AEDT (6pm in Brisbane) and Sunday finals start at 4pm AEDT (3pm in Brisbane).

1 Like

So Seven is slowly becoming what ten was with Fox and Sport.

Interesting times ahead for sport …

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/12/12/new-tv-deal-for-bathurst-12-hour/

https://www.domain.com.au/news/bruce-mcavaney-and-wife-anne-johnson-sell-home-close-to-adelaide-916999/

2 Likes

Seems that Seven is only showing the main race on February 2 on TV and not streaming it on 7plus, because Kayo is streaming the race ad-free. Why will Seven want to give up the streaming rights?
I also think Bathurst 12 hour will be on 7mate as the main channel will air the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road cycling race on the same day.

Presumably as Fox have the rights and are on-selling to Seven for FTA broadcast

It’s been on 7mate the last few years. I don’t recall the 12 hour ever being on the main channel (it’s 12 hours, no network has time to clear their schedule for that!)

So in other words, the organisers have chosen Fox Sports as the main broadcaster with Seven downgraded to secondary broadcaster.

Seven have streaming rights - quoting from the TV Blackbox article about the deal:

The 2020 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour race will be broadcast on 7mate and 7plus on Sunday, 2 February 2020, commencing at 5.30 am and running until 6.00 pm AEDT.

That wouldn’t be a surprise considering Supercars now run the event

1 Like

It was originally going to be a one year deal to align with next supercars deal

Cycling champions Scott McGrory, Anna Meares and Katherine Bates calling this weekend’s Track Cycling World Cup in Brisbane.

I thought I could hear a familiar voice!

Anna Meares calling at her own velodrome.

1 Like

This Friday (December 20) Seven will cover both Australian PGA Championship from Gold Coast and BBL (Hurricanes v Sixers) from Alice Springs. The golf will air on main channel from midday to 2.30pm AEDT before moving to 7TWO until 5pm AEDT. The BBL will air on main channel from 2.30pm to 6pm AEDT.

EDIT: a similar situation occurs this Sunday (December 22) with Seven covering the afternoon BBL clash between the Stars and the Hurricanes. The golf will air on main channel from 12.30pm to 2.30pm AEDT before moving to 7TWO until 5.30pm AEDT. The BBL will air on main channel from 2.30pm to 6pm AEDT.

The graphics for the Australian PGA Championship.

1 Like

Channel change warning

2 Likes

So Andrew Daddo hosts ‘The Clubhouse’ golf show on 7TWO. Could he return to front the Olympics like he did for a number of years for 7? I would like to see it.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Last year, the race start was also simulcast on main channel during lunch break of the Boxing Day cricket test. I think Seven may do the same tomorrow.

1 Like