Seven Sport

Well well well

2 Likes

Another missed opportunity for 10, unless they’re sticking with Supercars and a new deal is going to be announced soon?

2 Likes

But, but, but we were adamantly told by someone on here that 10 would be getting the rights to the TCR series…

9 Likes

He will say he knew but couldn’t tell us.

1 Like

He’s a former insider. Actually knows nothing.

Good news for Motorsport fans after being dudded in the past with limited Supercars coverage and only the Australian GP on FTA.

Is the Bathurst 12 hour also on the network next year. In the past few years it’s been on 7mate

1 Like

I guess 10’s indecision on choosing TCR or Supercars allowed Seven to swoop and get the TCR rights.
Interestingly, the opening round of TCR next year is on the same weekend as round two of AFL, the final round of AFLW and the BMW race day from Sydney’s Rosehill Racecourse. That means different sports will air on main channel, 7TWO or 7mate in various states.

How do we really know if Ten was interested in TCR?

4 Likes

Awesome news for motorsports fans, Seven will be doing Bathurst 12 Hour and Internationals again ! Plus S5000 and TCR.

1 Like

Oh god not you too

Pretty niche events, regardless of what certain posters in this thread might say. However, Motorsport is advertiser friendly content so Seven is probably on the money here.

8 Likes

very much so - it will be interesting to see what happens after year 1 of the deal.

1 Like

Bathurst 12 Hour is an interesting one. Locally, Bathurst Regional Council and Bathurstians like myself have really braced the event in recent years, with improved efforts and an increasing crowd each and every year, this is notable in our local economy.

I believe the event is much larger overseas, and is experiencing phenomenal growth each year, with international TV/Streaming viewership improving each year and increasing investment from international Motorsport teams.

However, overall, despite increasing immediate local popularity, the race remains a dud nationality, and I believe this is due to poor broadcasting in recent years. If 7 promotes this right and provides stellar coverage for the next few years, the race can slowly grow and build up a notable national audience and following. 7 is sitting on a potential gold mine. It just takes time, years…

4 Likes

Seven Sport and new House Rules host Abbey Gelmi married fiancee, Sky Racing reporter Ben Way, at Adelaide Hills yesterday, coinciding with the day/night cricket test in the city. From now on she will be known as Abbey Way.

1 Like

Seven will cover the Brisbane round of 2019-2020 Track Cycling World Cup as a lead-up to Tokyo Olympics next year. Surprised it is not on SBS.

1 Like

Picture quality is degraded due to smoke haze.

3 Likes

Wayne Grady and Alison Whitaker will also commentate Nine’s coverage of Presidents Cup next week.

I got a shock when I saw Fuel TV on 7plus as a streaming channel,
Its another great addition.

1 Like

Australian Open is on 7TWO in Melbourne for unknown reasons.

4pm news on main channel.