Seven Sport

For a moment I was concerned it may have been James Brayshaw!

Yes I am aware of that which is why I said it was prior to the first Ashes test.

So is the Australian Open the only major sport event never to have been on another network besides Seven?

The day this changes, will be truly historic.

45 years this year!

If my memory serves me correctly, Iā€™m pretty sure Tony Squires was the host of Sevenā€™s coverage of that 2005 ODI series. Was the first time I saw him on the TV, and it certainly was a light-hearted panel with him leading the way, which was enjoyable!

1 Like

Pretty sure Iā€™ve seen old listings which had ABC covering it as well. Will dig around next week, in the meantime anyone else have anything handy?

1 Like

bathurst 12 hour race coming next month on 7mate.

1 Like

Cadel Evans Race will air on the 28 January 2018 on Channel 7 and 7Plus.
http://www.cadelevansgreatoceanroadrace.com.au/the-event/broadcast-information/

3 Likes

Rather confusing rant in the Guardian from their sport editor who Iā€™d have thought would know better when it came to broadcast agreements. As a footy fan and AFLW fan Iā€™d live to see more on fta but for now, at least one game a week is a good start. When the compromise expands more should come.

1 Like

Donā€™t know if itā€™d had been mentioned, but in Sevenā€™s Winter Olympics promos (apart from Bruce McAvaney V/O), Hamish McLachlan appears.

So safe to assume heā€™ll (as predicted) be front and centre for Seven Sport this year onwards, also helping exposure, particularly NSW/QLD with Australian Spartan.

He joined Seven in 2008 and has been hosting the Aus Open & AFL Game Day since.

Thanks for the bio, Iā€™m sure sevens publicity department will be pleased that you offer these services on this forum free of charge. :roll_eyes:

Trust you of all people to jump straight at any post with the name ā€œHamishā€ in it :joy:

She complains about the season opener being relegated to 7mateā€¦

This is the exact same arrangement as every single Friday night game of the menā€™s home and away season!

1 Like

Yep, very little understanding of the arrangement. Also makes out that Prime7 wonā€™t be showing any matches and fails to grasp the home team in non vic markets gets preference. Like I said, not the best deal (neither is the menā€™s) but itā€™s better than nothing.

2 Likes

Just saw an ad for Australian Swimming Championships which doubles as the Commonwealth Games trials. They start February 28 and will be shown on Seven and 7plus.

1 Like

NFL Super Bowl LII: Eagles v Patriots

Monday 5 February 10am - 4pm AEDT

Live coverage of NFL Super Bowl LII from U.S Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Philadelphia Eagles will face the New England Patriots. Featuring performances by Pink and Justin Timberlake.

Simulcast on 7Mate.

Also on 7Mate:
8:00 AM AEDT 7th Annual NFL Honors

X GAMES COME TO SYDNEY

GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENT

19-21 October 2018

For the first time, the worldā€™s number one action sports competition and festival, X Games, is coming to Sydney. The worldā€™s premier action sports competition debuts 19-21 October 2018 for its first year at Spotless Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park. The event will feature an all-encompassing youth culture experience, including the worldā€™s best action sports athletes competing for X Games gold medals in BMX, Skateboard and Moto X disciplines.

In addition to the sports, the X Games Sydney interactive youth cultural festival, X Fest, will also be part of the event across three jam packed days.

Each day will provide a full schedule of competitions, including finals and medal presentations.

ATHLETES
International and Australian gold medalists from X Games Minneapolis 2017 who have sport disciplines returning to X Games Sydney 2018 will receive an early invite to compete in the inaugural X Games Sydney event. As of 5th Feb, athletes that will receive invites include:
Jarryd McNeil - AUS
Levi Sherwood - NZ
Elliot Sloan - USA
James Foster - USA
Garrett Reynolds - USA
Colton Walker - USA
Kelvin Hoefler - USA
Aori Nishimura - JPN
Destin Cantrell - USA
Colby Raha - USA

X GAMES SYDNEY 2018 SPORT DISCIPLINES

SKATEBOARD

• Big Air
  • Street (M & W)
  • Vert (demo)

BMX

• Big Air
  • Street
  • Dirt
  • Vert (demo)

MOTO X

• Moto X Best Trick
  • Moto X Best Whip
  • Moto X Freestyle
  • Moto X Quarter Pipe High Air
  • Moto X Step Up
  • Moto X Side X Side

More info www.xgames.com/sydney.

Broadcast on

2 Likes

Bathurst 12 hour race

2 Likes

Not often you see two live sports running on two multi-channels (Davis Cup and Bathurst 12 hour), but rubbish on main channel :pensive:

2 Likes

Ridiculous isnā€™t it? Some random doco on the main channel.

1 Like