Seven Sport

[quote=“WATV, post:40, topic:353, full:true”]
Who is hosting coverage on 7Two[/quote]
Sounds like Jason Richardson to me.

2 Likes

Both 7 and 7Two are currently playing ‘classic’ Hewitt matches (both Australian Open).

sigh I’m expecting an Aussie-fest all day on both channels, with 13 playing and most of them mediocre at best. I’d rather watch the world’s best.

World Feed graphics is similar to the 2005-10 graphics used by 7. Not a fan of the world feed graphics.

7Live.com.au redirects you to 7tennis

Good to hear Australian Paralympian Dylan Alcott commentating on 7Two today. Is a natural in the commentary box.

1 Like

So annoying that they drop 7Two from today. They could show nearly all 4th round singles matches if they kept it for two more days. A single channel from now on. It’s like the bad old days.

2 Likes

While I agree 7Two should have been operating today, in some ways it’s understandable since there isn’t much it could show. The only two non-RLA singles matches that are scheduled are Tsonga v Nishikori (11am on Hisense) and Radwanska v Friedsam (not before 5pm on MCA). If it wasn’t for Groth/Hewitt winning yesterday and hence playing this afternoon which will result in the Djokovic v Simon match being displaced while Seven shows the doubles match, there would have been a long gap between the other two singles matches.

Speaking of displacement, that doubles match yesterday kept the 1st of the night’s best match, Ivanovic/Keys, off the TV. I don’t care if it’s Hewitt’s last appearance, doubles shouldn’t take precedence over singles. I hope Hewitt and Groth lose today so this will stop happening.

Furthermore, coverage of today’s first match has been terrible. We’ve missed the first 2 or 3 points of the game coming back from every break, which is worse than it’s been so far.

Why no tennis coverage on 7two tonight? There are still multiple live matches going and they’re showing “Escape to The Country”? … WTF?

1 Like

Was there tennis on 7Two last night - it was given a rating in 5 cities last night - was that just for 6pm?

Perth from 6pm tennis was on 7two and didn’t return to 7 after the news

Should’ve been on the main channel to maximise ratings. No tennis on 7 until Saturday/Sunday.

7Two being used tonight?

[quote=“MLVD, post:53, topic:353”]
7Two being used tonight?
[/quote]Petrh and Brisbane

Why has 7 decided after last week to use the channels of 7
And this week only 1 channel strong text

Seven has gained the broadcast rights to the Aquatic Super Series which will be held in Perth next Friday and Saturday week (February 5-6), during which swimmers from Australia, Japan and China compete in various events. Live coverage will be on 7TWO but it has not been mentioned during Seven’s Australian Open coverage (yet). This series used to be on Ten and sponsored by BHP Billiton, both pulling out after last year’s event.

Maybe because there are less singles matches to share among Seven and 7TWO? Plus Seven wants to utilise the 7tennis app.

1 Like

I’m sure I read about this a few months back basil & giaan will be hosting the 2 day event

Wasn’t it always going to be on Seven Network. It comes under the Swimming Australia TV deal

Been wondering this all week, the studio where Johanna Griggs sits, are they changing the backgrounds?

Or are there other studios? Because there’s also been backgrounds of Rod Laver Arena & Hisense Arena (from Swan St).

When I went to the Aus Open last Thursday, I saw their set-up, with two studios (they look like containers) sitting on top of the entry/exit gate near Margaret Court Arena, above 3AW’s OB.

Not sure if both studios were Ch 7’s though?

I stand corrected but I think those studios near MCA are for ESPN US (which Tennis Channel shares). Those studios provide a wide view of RLA and the entry of MCA. About Seven, I know they have one located in a row inside Rod Laver Arena, which seems to be a new thing for networks since ESPN also has one on the left corner of that row. However about where Jo presents the morning preview show, it seems to be a separate studio with a screen behind it.

1 Like