Seven Sport

Kim Clijsters has signed with 7 to be a commentator this year. Good to have some new blood in there. Think Kim will be great!

1 Like

They finally mentioned it “create your own megawall”.
The megawall is actually useful now

Should I be able to watch any televised court on a PC like last year? The only page I’ve found is https://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/watch-live/simple/ It says “Select your live stream below” but there aren’t any.

Back to their shit graphics on the coverage.

it appears they’ve quietly ditched the browser version of streaming all the courts.

Also the HD channel has conveniently gone offline

It’s all on 7tennis.com.au

2 Likes

Loving the app - as a tennis mega fan its glorious!

1 Like

Thanks. makes sense.

None of the extra courts seem to work for me

At least the HD stream is back up
https://sevenwestmedia01-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/224838/MISC2/master_vhigh.m3u8

Great to see Johanna Griggs back in the hosts position.

Curious as to why Seven Sport haven’t given her the usual evening session?

Does that mean we won’t see her host/interview winners during next weekends finals either?

So Jim Wilson & Hamish McLachlan also return?

That was the case with me earlier (so was watching on the app instead). the website now seems to work for me with all courts.

2 Likes

I dont think the graphics are that bad. Ill give that they are not as dynamic or flash as the tennis australia ones, And it would be nice to see seven make some slight adjustments, but i prefer having the full surname on the screen. The addition of the flag for every country and not just aus is also nice to see.

This probably means that Seven won’t be changing their AFL graphics at his year. They look so bland compared to Nine’s NRL and even cricket graphics imo.

If anyone’s wondering, Seven Sport usually change their graphics package, for the start of the new AFL broadcast rights. Ten use to do the same.

(i.e.) 2007-2011, 2012-2016 & 2017…?

[quote=“MLVD, post:26, topic:353”]
It’s all on 7tennis.com.au[/quote]

Thanks. Not working great for me but it’s something. There are certain video streams, and this is one, that are very jerky on my laptop using mobile broadband, but others and youtube videos work pretty well. Maybe they assume everyone has high bandwidth.

Graphics on 7 & 7two are different to those on the 7 tennis app
No 7 logos in the corner on the tennis app
Obviously tennis app is run buy tennis Australia.

For the individual court feeds, Seven are taking the ‘host broadcast’ produced by Tennis Australia (like they did during the Australian Open Series). However the apps are operated by Seven

Looks like they are redirecting 7live.com.au to 7tennis.com.au

I was about to comment that I much prefer the 7 graphics. Glad they’re back. The Tennis Aus ones were obviously meant to look 3D but that wasn’t clear on my tv so it just looked out of shape. I also prefer seeing the whole name of the player.

They actually looked like a copy of the BBC tennis graphics save for the colours.

As for the commentators, obviously someone must think pairing Dave Culbert (whose views on the Essendon thing have been viewed as slightly more relevant than James Hird’s) and Henri Leconte is better than an over dramatic American narrator on a Gordon Ramsey cooking show.

Who is hosting coverage on 7rwo