Seven Sport

Surprising they didn’t get the rights to show WSW vs Leeds next Saturday.

1 Like

Inserting Mel McLaughlin is clearly for the East Coast audience.

1 Like

Isn’t she a soccer nut? Probably more to do with it than an easy coast audience.

3 Likes

Yes absolutely, that’d certainly why she’s there over other Seven Sport identities, but I was getting at the decision being it’s a Perth event, and with Mark already there and all

2 Likes

who does have the rights?

BeIN Sports

2 Likes

Please stop posting shit. They don’t have the rights and would have had no reason to even consider a presenting team.

4 Likes

I feel attacked

2 Likes

Does anyone remember who was part of the Seven Soccer team when Liverpool played Victory & Sydney FC as well as the A-League All-Stars?

1 Like

I believe Robbie Thomson was the commentator for Man Utd all stars game.

I think that Jim Wilson was the host.

Sandy Roberts?

No. He wasn’t involved

1 Like

Jim Wilson hosted, Robbie Thomson and Michael Bridges commentated with Michael Zappone pitchside. In Melbourne Gian Rooney and John Aloisi were involved. In Sydney it was Joh Griggs and Jason Culina

2 Likes

A few issues with commentary as the teams walked out onto Optus Stadium…

1 Like

Channel Seven soccer graphics

1 Like

Coverage is being slammed for the lack of atmosphere

It’s a pre-season friendly - they generally aren’t that exciting.

Not having a go at you but rather the notion behind the criticism

6 Likes

The only reason the soccer was shown on 7TWO was that it would clash with the pre-match of Wimbledon women’s singles final which started at 10.45pm AEST. Organisers of the friendly had already set the kickoff at 7pm Perth time (9pm AEST) before Seven bought the rights, so the time could not be changed.
There was also a comment on TV Tonight website on Manchester United wearing a change strip, which forced the reader to switch back to NRL on Fox Sports. Has she heard of a colour clash? This was a Perth Glory home game after all so they were entitled to wear their purple home strip.

1 Like

They’ve only just released that new strip too - made perfect sense to wear it last night to promote it.

That comment’s author is an idiot.

1 Like