Seven (Southern Cross)

SCA has once again launched local segments in Darwin called “The Buzz In The Top End”

It’s nicely presented but it just seems to be another way to make an extra profit by promoting businesses. Bit of a waste of time when they could be investing into local news.

1 Like

Yes, but…

9 Likes

Well you have a point right there! However it’s a trend with Seven where they just film it for about 2 months and then suddenly stop because they can’t be bothered.

Then it makes a return after a few months under a new name

Or the profits stop? They might not have been as sustainable as first thought? Businesses sponsoring the segments went bust?

There are plenty of reasons other than just laziness.

2 Likes

Or the person who was driving them leaves and it takes a while to find a replacement/someone else with the same enthusiasm.

when the sales dept bring in some new sponsors, perhaps :wink:

2 Likes

7 Central tonight:

8 Likes

That regular Seven (via SCA) watermark looks nice!

All they need is a little “Central” watermark like on STQ. Same for Tasmania, Darwin and Spencer Gulf. Since it’s used in their advertising and branding it should ideally be used on screen too.

1 Like

We know what channel we’re watching and we really should know where we live. Bring back the watermark free days of just over a year ago!

3 Likes

a year ago?

He was referring to the fact that prior to last year, Southern Cross was the last FTA channel to be watermark-free, which clearly came to an end when it rebranded to Seven.

2 Likes

they’re lucky to have had it so long. There are grown adults in Melbourne who have never known a time when TV hasn’t been littered with watermarks!

6 Likes

It doesn’t matter how many years have passed, I still get annoyed by those obnoxious, distracting annoying bugs in the corner of the screen. I still choose to source premium drama without watermarks if I can. It doesn’t bother me as much on news and reality content but I hate the distraction if I’m trying to immerse myself in drama.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I’m from Melbourne, and I was recently in Launceston, and when watching 7HD there was no HD watermark. Is this normal?

2 Likes

Totally normal.

4 Likes

Weird aspect ratio problem on 7 Central tonight.

5 Likes

Also on HSV. Must be a national problem from NPC. Happened after the Powerball graphics came up and never recovered.

7 Likes

Is it only certain TVs? Mine fine