Seven (Southern Cross)

The music sounds like a poor man’s version of Seven’s current sponsor board music!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Looks like there’s a fair bit of promotion for 7Tas at the AFL game at York Park today.

18 Likes

Because of all those 7Food Network promos slipping through (thanks to a dirty feed), could SCA manage to launch it before Prime do (SCA got 7TWO before Prime did in 2009)?

1 Like

We get 7flix promos, we don’t get that. How is that different to 7food Network?

2 Likes

So Blackley’s promised ‘independent news brand’ after Seven blew the whistle is ‘nightly news’ > 7 Tasmania?

What closer do journos use for their yarns?

2 Likes

To be fair, the only thing that has changed in that signage is the move from Southern Cross to 7. As long as I can remember, that 7 Tasmania sign has been behind the City End goals and the 7 Tas/7 Tas News signage boards have been part of the set up since they moved to LED’s on the boundary. Prior to that, they had boundary line signage.
I think (can’t say I go out of my way to watch the News) they sign off with “name, 7 News Tasmania” or “name, 7 Tasmania News”.

2 Likes

GTS/BKN still using their old logo on social media…

4 Likes

Gee whiz, you would think they would have updated it by now.

3 Likes

Perhaps a phone call is in order to give them a hurry along. That complaint call to WIN regarding Sky News seems to have worked wonders.

16 Likes

I wonder how Broken Hill viewers (all three of them) feel about their station and news bulletin being named after a town in another state? Why not “7 NEWS GTS/BKN”?

1 Like

There is another version that has the correct 10 logos but still has the old SCA logo.

5 Likes

Couple of things.
It says 10 channels yet there is only 9 channels pictured.
One and Eleven don’t even bloody exist anymore.

I reckon some concerned people need to flood them with emails and/or phone calls.

4 Likes

The date at the bottom suggests this was in use from late 2017, so no wonder it’s out of date. I’d say whoever manages their social media account (doubt its anyone with much experience judging by their posts) has just overlooked getting it updated or using an updated version with the respective changes.

1 Like

I don’t think phone calls are warranted yet however a strongly worded email should suffice.

1 Like

A lot of people in Broken Hill probably consider themselves South Australian, they play AFL, use SA time etc.

2 Likes

While I’m sure it’s true that Broken Hill residents see themselves as being more a part of SA than NSW in many aspects of general life, the outback town still isn’t part of the Spencer Gulf!

3 Likes

True they are a long way from the ocean, would be used to being lumped together with the Spencer Gulf for TV though

1 Like

Tasmania Billboard:

1 Like

For anyone interested- a Southern Cross logo just appeared on a CSA during AGT tonight.

1 Like