Seven (Southern Cross)

They’re pushing forward the NEW episode of Criminal Minds from 10pm to 9pm, then adding in a repeat CM. Surely they have a 2 season ago episode of CM themselves or it isn’t that hard to get hold of from 7.

1 Like

It’s Melbourne-based. Imparja is the only Sydney-based South affiliate out of the Remote broadcasters.

1 Like

Just saw an ad for Undercurrent on 7 Tas during the quarter time break in the AFLW. Had to check the guide and as expected, not meant to be on down here. Seems there were a few switches and mistakes in that adbreak.

2 Likes

Is SCA Seven running from a dirty feed? I see that because promos for channels and programs that don’t air in Tasmania still slip through there as with 9Life on TDT.

1 Like

I think it is, we get promos for 7flix and 7food network all the time. During the bbl (for example) we always get the last frame or two of a different ad.

2 Likes

However, they are available on 7plus, so it’s not as if they are not available at all in Tasmania.

I dont believe Undercurrent is available on 7plus, is it? Yes, aware thats a one off though.

We have 9Life again now so it doesn’t matter with those promos.

Probably the worst aspect of the dirty feed I regularly see is the ticker during The Chase Australia for what’s coming up in Seven News at 6 - it’s the Melbourne one so when they mention some of the stories if people don’t realise it’s Melbourne they could believe it was in Tasmania.

4 Likes

Given that, SC7 should at least avoid the HSV7 dirty feed during The Chase, but of course that’d mean SCA having to spend a bit more money, and they (SCA) should do the same for SC9.

Do 7 (and Nine, for that matter) provide a semi-dirty network-wide feed with watermarks, etc. but without the city-specific stuff?

1 Like

They should. It’s what Prime uses and what SCTV used prior to becoming Seven. SC7 should switch to that clean feed just for The Chase in the lead up to news, even if it’s only an SD feed.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Seven are producing clean HD feeds of at least their Sydney & Melbourne services for the benefit of Prime7.

Of course using a clean feed would probably mean SCA having to insert their own PRGs & watermarks on the 5pm gameshows and other programs that In-Program Promotional Graphics totally irrelevant for regional markets are used on (eg, references to capital city radio stations), something it seems they can’t be bothered doing! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Which they are still capable of doing as we saw with the Spencer Gulf News on 7TWO. They could get away with a watermark-free The Chase.

3 Likes

Is Seven Darwin taking Seven News Adelaide at 6pm this Thursday and next Thursday to accommodate live AFL telecasts at 6.30pm? According to online guides, Seven News goes for 30 minutes on both days. Normally Seven Darwin relays Seven News Melbourne each night.

Good Friday schedule (April 19)

Tasmania
04:00 PM AFL: Rnd 5: North Melbourne v Essendon
07:00 PM 7 Tasmania Nightly News
07:30 PM Better Homes and Gardens
09:00 PM Movie: The Butler (2013)
11:45 PM TBA

Darwin
03:30 PM AFL: Rnd 5: North Melbourne v Essendon
06:30 PM RSPCA Animal Rescue
07:00 PM Seven News Melbourne
07:30 PM Better Homes and Gardens (also shown on 7TWO from 7pm to 8.30pm)
09:00 PM Movie: The Butler (2013)
11:45 PM The Passage (repeat double)

Regional NT
03:30 PM AFL: Rnd 5: North Melbourne v Essendon
06:30 PM Seven News Melbourne
07:00 PM Surf Patrol Rpt
07:30 PM AFL: Rnd 5: West Coast v Adelaide
10:30 PM The Passage (repeat double)

2 Likes

I don’t think so…

1 Like

Yeah, I forget 7 Tasmania news will still be shown on Good Friday.

1 Like

Picture of Southern Cross (GTS/BKN) studio - located 76 Wandearah Road, Port Pirie SA.

14 Likes

Anyone else just hear the Southern Cross news theme in their head as they looked at the building photo? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For a minute I assumed it was a topical commentary on their broadcast picture quality

1 Like

AFL Billboard:

Business Guide:

6 Likes

Another billboard:

8 Likes