Seven (Southern Cross)

The whole campaign, the Tas implementation or the Darwin implementation?

I fail to see the problem. Though the lighting on the local footage is slightly different.

Theyā€™ve put in more effort than Prime7 with local faces and endcards.

1 Like

The whole campaign. Horrible song, bad edits and so on.

2 Likes

Nothing against the efforts put in, I just canā€™t stand the song.

Thatā€™s why I thought Iā€™d ask. Agree. I do think the Tas inserts are good. Not so sure about the Darwin ones but itā€™s definitely a pretty good effort compared to the Prime7 one especially including the two separate Launceston and Hobart shots.

1 Like

Great effort by SCA, but why didnā€™t they use DAR?

3 Likes

Iā€™m betting that GTS/BKN idents probably wonā€™t be that different to the Darwin idents with limited local faces.

The whole rebrand has been a total mess to be honest. The average viewer wouldnā€™t really care - I donā€™t suppose but from the announcement through to retaining the Southern Cross News brand, recent posting on the Southern Cross TV facebook page, the use of the Southern Cross Austereo logo on random bits and bobs. Aaaargh. Not good for those with OCD.

1 Like

I think out of all the markets, Central and Darwin viewers would notice it the least. Central was still being referred to as ā€˜7 Centralā€™ in many satellite groups and sellers.

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™d like to know how much of it had to change for whatever reason at the last minute. I have a feeling that if the 7News Tasmania and everything had all gone ahead it would have been relatively seamless across social media, on air and buildings etcā€¦ but I think the having to retain Southern Cross News threw quite the spanner in the works. Iā€™m really confused with the Facebookā€¦ itā€™s all still Southern Cross and thatā€™s what theyā€™re still referred to everywhere so itā€™s all everywhere which is quite unusual for what theyā€™ve been like for 20 years prior.

nah yeah I have to agree. it sounds really awkward with the ā€˜Love Sevenā€™ from the BHAG team then ā€˜Darwinā€™ from whom I guess is the noodle update presenter there? it isnā€™t local at all and yeah coulda done better really.

Though Iā€™m sure Tim Hatfield is fuming he left just before he could star in a :heart:7 GTS/BKN ident

7 Likes

There is a job currently advertised on Seek for a Sales Representative - 7Tasmania in Launceston. Sounds like the rebrand is in full swing.

2 Likes

Just a general ā€˜putting it out thereā€™ request, with all the staggered and confused changes with SCA, is anyone able to / prepared upload complete caps of the new presentation (PRGs, sponsor billboards, promos, IDs, News, line-ups, etc)? :slightly_smiling_face: Am very curious.

1 Like

7 Central mic flag:

Sponsor logo:

6 Likes

A Todd Mall markets ad received an upgrade:

8 Likes

Probably the 5th or 6th time Iā€™ve seen a Heart 7 MELB ident on Central. Looks like SCA only made them/had them made for the their capital city markets?

I wonder if Central North gets the BRIS version?

1 Like

Has anyone seen an ident/caption/mic flag etc for 7 GTS/BKN? Iā€™m curious as to how it will look.

To compare, WIN Seven seem to be airing generic Heart 7 idents (most notably for Home and Away) alongside their existing pool of Gottaloveit idents, as opposed to capital city idents

And donā€™t you love it! :heart: :wink: