Seven (Southern Cross)

90 sec versions of the ID in Tasmania and Darwin:

7 Likes

That Darwin one is so sketchy…
Peter Mitchell and Jane Bunn love Darwin, they sing, from Melbourne :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s just like how Sydney, Melbourne, Tasmania and Darwin can all somehow be the heart of Seven simultaneously!

5 Likes

I came across another 50 years Ident for Southern Cross TV South Australia (as it was then known) from my trip back in March this year that I hadn’t uploaded:

6 Likes

A Vietnamese has just noticed that SCTV TAS/Central/Darwin’s website has dead (redirected to SCA corporate website), #myfriends…

Only the main website (southerncrosstelevision.com.au) and GTS/BKN’s website is still alive…

Their joint-venture websites are also still up and running:

http://www.tdtv.com.au
http://www.cdtv.com.au

1 Like

IIRC that has been the case for quite some time.

Southern Cross Austereo website recently updated the TV Guide page to include the Seven Logo:

Previous

Current

6 Likes

They couldn’t possibly bump the Seven icon down to the third row could they? :joy:

10 Likes

A few months ago, I noticed a lot of similarities to the current ident with the old SCTV ident, so i made a comparsion video to prove it.

Is GTS/BKN now known as 7 GTS/BKN or 7 SA? It’d be cool if they stuck with the callsigns as it’s last licence to straddle two states.

Mt Gambier TV1 (southern half of SES/RTS) crosses the SA-Vic border around Mount Gambier and Naracoorte. Mildura TV1 also straddles the Vic-NSW border.

Doubtful that the any of the dual callsigns will change since each callsign is a separate TV1 licence area not just a local transmitter area.

It is only 7 branding these days, no mention of GTS/BKN at all, however they use the ‘Southern Cross Austereo’ brand in some advertisements across all 10 channels. The local news is still ‘Southern Cross News’ which airs 6.30 weeknights on 7.

Interesting. So like sponsored events and community ads get the SCA logo? Central, Darwin and Tas get a 7 [location] for those things.

Wouldn’t surprise me if SCA are slowly shifting their primary service to Nine in SA.

Apart from the one before the changeover in July I still haven’t seen any sponsored events or anything for 7 Tasmania. Quite odd, it used to be quite prominent when they did things. CSA’s and all those things are 7 branded.

1 Like

Oh ok. I thought they had used one recently. Have you seen any evidence of an SCA logo for sponsored events etc?

Yeah CSA’s on Central show a normal 7 on the super, just like the idents and custom promo fillers. But nearly every ad break there’s something local with the 7 Central logo. Perhaps with less actual advertisers here there’s more of a need for direct sponsorship?

Will try and keep my eye out. Since house rules ended though I have been watching more of the block on Nine instead.

1 Like

Not quite an onscreen sponsorship but the Burnie Ten fun run was on today and was sponsored by Southern Cross rather than 7. Photos of the bibs will show that, it could have been an old logo they chose to use but I think the naming rights sponsorship was only changed very recently too so the bibs were all printed recently with that change but still the SC star logo.

Just saw a new ad which I haven’t seen for the cricket coverage. It had several Seven personalities talking about what they like and what they’re looking forward to but also had all the Southern Cross News people in there as well.

So it had Bruce McAvaeny, Ray Meagher, Melissa Doyle etc… as well as Tom Cooper, Tom Johnson, Peter Murphy, Jo Palmer, Rachel Williams.

There seems to be a lot more of this integration since the change to 7 Tasmania.

7 Likes
5 Likes