Seven (Southern Cross)

Yeah, Seven did not want the news renamed because they aren’t controlling the editorial output. E.g. if SC News was to do something controversial (probably not likely but who knows these days) Seven News would probably cop the blame which is what they don’t want.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Seven ends up purchasing it so they can have one unified brand of 7.

3 Likes

On air they have all 7 but I don’t know what they’re calling themselves internally, it is a good sign though if they have put the 7 logo on a building though. I certainly haven’t seen the name 7 Tasmania anywhere though since their initial post and the Facebook page is still all SC star logo branded - https://www.facebook.com/SCTVTas/

The context was about seven not wanting their logo on some hick community Billboard. I asked then why are those logos on the screen anyway as they both contain the 7 logo.

Well, SCA removed the channel logos from the GTS/BKN classifieds on 1st August 2018. Maybe Seven, Nine and Ten all didn’t want their channels associated with the service!!

Screenshot_20180818-114200

7 Likes

(Sigh) and this is why non O&Os shouldn’t use the Metro brand solely. It might be ‘hick’, but if people are using the ‘TV classifieds’ then SCA are doing a good thing, it’s why we have regionalised licences. It shouldn’t be at the discretion of a Network executive in Sydney that an affiliate shouldn’t be doing something for their licence area. So brand differently and problem solved.

4 Likes

Just saw the first real 7 Tas branding. Wasn’t expecting this, was shown just after the football.

Hoping to get a video now.

6 Likes

Wow, was just going to post the same for 7 Central! Caught one tonight during the ‘Outback Chat’ infotorial(?).

Waiting to cap it as well, but it looked like this:

Mock%207%20Central%20Logo%20Vertical

7 Likes

Here you go.

https://www.facebook.com/theoutbackchat/videos/895018767366393/

8 Likes

Cheers @littlegezzybear :+1:

1 Like

And …

7 Likes

Bringin’ back memories.

CEN_ANIMBUTTON2_r01_c1

8 Likes

This one was different, it was a full branding promo. Just trying to get some photos uploaded as the video didn’t work but here’s a sample one.

9 Likes

Here we go. Sorry about the quality could only get photos and then had to lower the size to get them up.

They were all singing “You’re in my heart, you’re in my soul” (except for Mick Molloy who was singing Tigerland)

Notice also the shot of the Tamar River (Launceston) for the first 7Tas and then the Derwent River (Hobart) for the second one!

9 Likes

Seven are clearly happy with generic branding on the channel since they’ve given SCA a template for the :heart:7 ident. Interesting to see if SCA will put together a version for SA as well. Send the SA news team to Launceston for a day to use the news set.

1 Like

It doesn’t look like it. I saw a 7 MELB version on Central tonight.

1 Like

It wouldn’t surprise me if an agreement has recently been struck which allowed the changing of the logo on the building and hopefully more branding now. I wonder if any changes will actually happen with the news. They seem to have ramped up the advertising of the news a lot more again (probably to coincide with WIN’s departure) and it featured prominently with Southern Cross News branding in this.

Is GTS-BKN now known as “7 GTS-BKN” on their logo? I remember that station used to be called Central GTS-BKN, which is not to be confused with the market now known as Central. I always found “Central”
an odd name for much of Spencer Gulf market - not Central Australia, and not really Central South Australia.

Also, does the GTS/BKN market always take the Adelaide feed when there are market variations, such as for AFL on Seven or NRL on Nine?

The station hasn’t been known as “Central” since 2006. Seems like it was just legacy branding from the pre-aggregation Central Television Network sales alliance between GTS/BKN, SES/RTS and Imparja (not in QLD pre-aggregation). GTS/BKN was the only one to use the CTN branding on-screen.

1 Like

Tasmania and Darwin IDs:

5 Likes

They. Are. Horrible.