Seven (Southern Cross)

If they keep GTS/BKN it would seem a little odd, with everything else changing. 7 South Australia would look better, I think.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be so much of a problem if WIN didn’t use, even sparingly, SA branding for its solus market (Seven SA, Nine SA, WIN SA).

I guess the next best thing to do would be for SCA to separately brand “7 Spencer Gulf” and “7 Broken Hill” on print media. @WAtvVideos would you be able to give that one a crack perhaps?

I agree, or even Port Pirie, Broken Hill etc.

I don’t know what they’ve done, but it was certainly sounding like Southern Cross hadn’t got full approvals about how they were able to use the 7 branding across their channel and news services before they announced everything and if that sign got arranged and erected in the period before they possibly got a wrap over the knuckles then that one has slipped through. It’s entirely possible they will be able to use that logo if they aren’t already but it’s just odd that the logos were released and then seemingly retracted/never to be spoken of again.

1 Like

Still no channel 7 logo on the GTS/BKN classifieds this past week.

6 Likes

What is this page? Who operates it? Doesn’t seem to have much credibility.

You could imagine Seven, if they care, would find their brand around TV classifieds quite hick.

No doubt it’s an organisation that SCA sponsors and they spread the same false information SCA fed everyone.

1 Like

Settle down people… it’s just a group that shares and forwards on any articles of interest for Hobartians. Much like Chit Chat Launceston and Vigilante News in Tasmania and other smaller communities around the country.

2 Likes

Had never seen the page before that post and when I saw that post it was a couple of days afterwards anyway when someone was on the SC News page asking why 7flix wasn’t there like it had been promised… from that post. Which it had never been promised anyway.

I’d say no link to SCA at all, they just shared some of the rumors but made them appear as fact.

Yep… good old Vigilante News!

3 Likes

Then why are 7TWO and 7mate brands on the slide? Makes zero sense. More likely someone at SCA has not updated the Slide Master to include the 7 logo in place of the Southern Cross Television logo.

3 Likes

Complete disregard for the 9 style guide given to affiliates…
Is it any wonder 7 are hesitant in allowing their brand on SC stations.

21 Likes

‘Don’t change a thing’

This was the red rag the aging bull Bruce needed?

Of course the pre 2006 version was bundled with the added feature of an unsolicited phone call from Kerry to keep such matters in check.

4 Likes

They have replace the old logo with the red 7 at their Hobart building

3 Likes

I’d wondered whether they’d changed any of the buildings yet since it’s been unsure what they’re actually known as still - with Southern Cross News still and no mention of 7 Tasmania at all. Just 7.

I’m sure I’m interpreting this wrong, but I read that as perfoming bad, aren’t they the two highest-rating multi-channels?

Wait so the rebranding of Southern Cross stations to Seven did take place? And it’s just the local news that still retains the Southern Cross name?

Read what as “performing bad”?

2 Likes

“On the slide”.

He means on the slide / graphic used for the classified ads

3 Likes

Thank you for clarifying, as I said, I was sure I had it wrong. :slightly_smiling_face: