Seven (Southern Cross)

I’ve seen a couple of sponsored events with just SCA or Hit branding. Nothing with SCTV though. Still seeing the odd CSA with ‘Always Supporting Your Community’ supers but not as much as before. Other spots like Outback Chat, I Love Alice, Todd Mall Markets all still retain the SCTV star logo.

Didn’t put the staff bonus to good use then? :smiley:

1 Like

Interesting, I think the only star I’ve seen now was 1 sponsor billboard the other night, the others have all now been Seven, the CSA’s have all been Seven.

1 Like

You can’t buy a new TV with a packet of Tim Tams and a signed photo of Rob Brough.

6 Likes

Sorry that photo was made out to @bort too

5 Likes

Accurate

1 Like

Yes, PNG uses Central North. I’ve never seen a watermarkless Seven Central while in PNG.

Possibly why the watermark is back tbh.

1 Like

Yeah same in Bali and Java, even though they’re more aligned with WA time.

Hmm, I would’ve thought they’d use GWN. Back in PNG we had both so if we missed a program we could just wait two hours.

I did see the odd pub playing GWN or WIN but the majority were North channels.

Rare to see Imparja or WIN in PNG, although I do remember seeing WIN News once or twice at a Port Moresby hotel. EMTV was once a Nine O&O with a near identical schedule which is why Aussie Nine affiliates never got as established as Seven’s.

Anyways, glad to see the ol SCTV live on.

3 Likes

The SCTV watermark on North has now been removed.

3 Likes

New CSA super:

Previous one:

3 Likes

Hadn’t been able to get a cap of those yet but they’re the ones that have been on Tas for a few weeks now. Interesting that there seems to be a delay in rolling out different aspects to the different regions. It was a couple of weeks before we had the gottaloveit promos after other areas and we still had Always Southern Cross but we’ve had these CSA’s for a while.
From memory I haven’t seen a SC Star for quite some time now.

1 Like

7 Darwin official logo:

7 Likes

Or is it? Was it printed and plastered prior to the seeming removal of “local” 7 branding e.g. 7 Tasmania. I certainly haven’t seen any 7 Tasmania stuff since their initial Facebook post and it was odd their sponsored program had one but it disappeared not long afterwards.

3 Likes

I’m fairly certain it is. The post below, which was removed, hinted at a design template for local logos. This Darwin one kind of confirms it. The sign was also erected after the announcement if you look back at the race replays.

5 Likes

Recreated logos based on what’s been seen so far:

Perhaps these exist too?:

9 Likes

Yeah, that was the logo that was initially released and then disappeared. I didn’t put much faith in that Hobart Events post as it included quite a bit of misleading information - the 7flix piece which had never been confirmed and did prove false and the 7 News part which by that stage was unsure if it was still going to occur based on a few things so I reckon that person just shared the earlier logo which had been released and removed. I like the logos but it depends what has happened between 7 and Southern Cross as to whether they are the new official logos.

1 Like

So you’re saying it’s more likely 7 Darwin has erected a bootleg logo at the race track?

1 Like